Shadows

Star Wars Imperial Officer Decals: Female!

In another thread, I was presenting Imperial Officer torsos based on the official LEGO Officer and Tarkin minifigs in an attempt to produce a reasonable fascimile of a Grand Admiral Thrawn, and provide some generic officer ideas.

Then:

Wow, thanks, these are great!

Any chance of a female version? :-D

You know, that's a great idea! Sometimes I forget that there were a limited number of female Imperial officers, since it wasn't traditional.

isard_ysanne.jpg180px-Daala3.jpg250px-Juno.JPG

Ysanne Isard, Natasi Daala, Juno Eclipse

It's important to note that Star Wars source material comes from many places, and doesn't always agree. Most specifically, sometimes the rank pips differ in placement, colour, and even quantity. By using the pieces here and in the other thread, it should be possible to make just about any configuration you want, in any colour. I didn't make a dark grey sample, but it's simply a matter of replacing the white with whatever you want.

Oh, and LEGO is inconsistant as well. In one design they'll use one shape for a code cylinder, then change it completely in another. Same with belts. I'm trying to stick to the LEGO style, but add new variations.

So, while trying to achieve that, I realised that I could simply adapt Juno Eclipse for this purpose, and the end result follows. Now, to be perfectly honest, I prefer the belt to the original design much more, so I've made them that way as well.

imp_ysanne_isard.pngimp_12bar_2cyl_female1_dkgrey.pngimp_12bar_2cyl_female1_white.png

Version 1 (Juno style): Ysanne Isard (Red), dark grey, white

imp_ysanne_isard2.pngimp_12bar_2cyl_female2_dkgrey.pngimp_12bar_2cyl_female2_white.png

Version 2 (Tarkin style): Ysanne Isard (Red), dark grey, white

imp_juno_eclipse.pngimp_6bar_2cyl_female1_drgrey.pngimp_6bar_2cyl_female1_white.png

Version 1 (Official): Juno Eclipse (Black), dark grey, white

imp_6bar_2cyl_female2_black.pngimp_6bar_2cyl_female2_drgrey.pngimp_6bar_2cyl_female2_white.png

Version 2 (Mixed style): Black, dark grey, white

Using that as a basis, if one wanted to make Admiral Natasi Daala, you would use the Isard dark grey torso with adjusted rank colours (6 blue over 3 red + 3 yellow) as shown above. Seems like she would be an easy custom, if one was so inclined.

Ok, I'm officially out of variations. Whew. *wacko*

Imperial Ladies On! *y*

Thanks! I was just reading Issue 7 of the Empire Comic series, and apparently there are a lot of female workers in the Empire, Anyway, thanks! X-D

As I just posted in the other thread: Great work, imperialshadows *y* !

LuxorV

Yummy.... ahem, I mean: A very interesting and neat work, imperialshadows.... :-$

How do you suggest printing these out so that you can place them on a minifig? Do you use a specific kind of sticker paper?

How do you suggest printing these out so that you can place them on a minifig? Do you use a specific kind of sticker paper?

This is something I'm not entirely familiar with, as I don't honestly think that my printer is up to the quality requirements.

That said, I'll give it a shot anyway.

I make torsos at 600dpi, so loading them into any paint program and printing at that resolution should result in the right size. I've done a test of this on plain paper and it was right.

The paper part is where it gets interesting. I know that the professionals seem to go for something called "water slide decals" which are basically the same as what you get in a model kit, the kind you wet and then apply.

I've also heard of using more traditional types of paper/stickers on a quality printer. Here is something of a guide that I just read, but honestly it seems to gloss over (pun not really as intended as it ended up) the printing process going so far as to potentially suggest paper and scotch tape. I'm not at all sure about that.

There have been a number of discussions on the matter in this forum, including one here, comparing the relative merits of two different kinds of paper.

You might want to look around at other threads or wait for a better reply here. Wish I was more helpful on this part of things, but it's a process I'm still getting down.