Sign in to follow this  
David FNJ

[M - H03] The Dragster

Tags: MANTIS, land vehicle

23880785355_a4118dd06e_c.jpg

Double D's log 27: After last weeks mirage, I seem to be mostly normal. I still can't remember what happened several weeks ago, but at least I don't think I'm seeing things.

I get to test out a new, very fast, MANTIS vehicle - a dragster really. It can either be used as an escape vehicle, or transport materials across a landscape quickly.....that is, if the landscape is very flat....it doesn't turn well.

23854714816_14fe297641_c.jpg

Watch the video! https://www.flickr.c...ductions/52x46H

~ DD out

------------------------------------

Yup! I built a rubber band powered car! One of my cousins was over and she had a school project to build a rubber band powered car. Of course, I had to quick build one from LEGO bricks! I spent more time on getting it to go far than making it look all fancy. There's always next time right?

Unfortunately my cousin couldn't use LEGO bricks to build the car, but that didn't stop me from building one! There were several variables that affect how rubber band powered cars function that I hadn't really thought about till I started building this. After a bunch of tests and modifications, this sized dragster goes around 25 feet with 8 full rotations of the rubber band. The measuring tape in the video is set to 22 feet (~ 6.7 meters). If we had a longer hallway it would probably just pass 25 feet with the 8 rotations. I hope to do this again sometime in the future; it was a blast!

Yeah yeah, the rubber band isn't LEGO, but if I were to use my LEGO rubber bands, they would have been ruined :cry_sad:

Edited by David FNJ