Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

[M-A04] The Scarab

Tags: Land Vehicle (hovercraft)

Sorry Bob to cut the deadline so close!

**This build takes place before Scorpio's first spying mission, several months ago**

Scorpio having recently been assigned a Spying Outfit, the Council of Five decided he had also better get a little bit of spy training in. His mission would be on A06, a hot, volcanic desert planet, So the Council wanted his training to take place in a similar environment. Luckily, the outer rim planet Mynderis had a similar climate and features, and was closer to Torresta.

His task was to master stealth maneuvers driving a hypercraft (high-speed hovercraft). This craft was capable of very swift speeds using anti-grav thrusters, however it was utterly incapable of clearing more than a few inches from the surface. A lightweight, super-durable alloy was developed that shielded the bottom from the inevitable scrapes it would face. Luckily, the hull was also extraordinarily heat-proof, as if the burning lava flows along the planet's surface didn't torch the craft, the blazing dunes would.

This hypercraft model was called "the Scarab", as it was perfect for desert travel. Scorpio thought it was also because it looked somewhat insect-like, but such was life at M.A.N.T.I.S.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Sorry for the links instead of embeds; Flickr is giving me a hard time on mobile right now. I'll try to update it later.

Edit: Finally managed to wrangle Flickr into submission, here are the photos:

20216021323_00d6f47f08_z.jpg

rodiziorobs, on Flickr

20649035768_42b60fc2aa_z.jpg

rodiziorobs, on Flickr

20649051968_d4ee583851_z.jpg

rodiziorobs, on Flickr

20810779896_fd1740e1fc_z.jpg

rodiziorobs, on Flickr

Edited by rodiziorobs