Sign in to follow this  
Mandate

Best set for parts?

I'm trying to find the best set for Constraction parts in recent times, eg, one that has unique/cool parts and a bunch of them. Basically the best set as a parts package.

I guess it depends on how you define a parts package. Most people use that term to describe something that contains pieces that are super useful but in short supply (like balljoints used to be), rather than unique type pieces.

In terms of the latter, for recent sets I enjoyed Fire Lord a lot.

By "recently" I meant ones you could still potentially find in stores. But I'll keep those in mind, thanks! :wink:

For Hero Factory (Newer constraction), Witch Doctor, Fire Lord and a few newer sets within the £20-£40 range.

As far as Bionicle is concerned, I'd recommend Mazeka and some of the vehicles from 08-09, especially Lewa's big red thingy and that big red four-legged mech (not good with names!).

Alright, unfortunately I've been able to narrow down my choices for purchasing to Brain Attack and IFB - mostly IFB. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get anything from BA other than Ogrum. So, EVO XL has been a popular suggestion, and I'm considering it very much so.

Dragon Bolt is amazing. He has a lot of bone pieces, but unfortunately they aren't very diverse. It also has two torsos: a really small one and a kinda big one. It is one of a very few sources for non-trans, Blue shells and he has quite a bit. He also has a lot of good technic parts like turaga hands (I refuse to call them otherwise), turaga elbows, and the other components that build his wings. 4 yellow katanas, and a bunch of lightning pieces for MoCs that need that sort of thing. He also has three of the 3x1 technic pinhole beams that have the ball attachment point which are really useful.

. His later reviews are awesome for seeing what parts are in sets for your MoCing needs because he sorts them out where you can see them all for yourself. Dragon Bolt is still on Amazon for an ok price of about 16-20 dollars. Edited by InfurnallDragon

Aright, yeah, I think I remember seeing Dragon Bolt a while back at a local Big W. Might still be a few left, but I'm not sure if it's Dragon Bolt I want to get. More looking for something to build a humanoid Titan, and all of the Technic parts he has I already have surplus of.

I guess it depends on how you define a parts package. Most people use that term to describe something that contains pieces that are super useful but in short supply (like balljoints used to be), rather than unique type pieces.

In terms of the latter, for recent sets I enjoyed Fire Lord a lot.

"recent sets"

"Fire Lord"

What...

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

Yeah, Fire Lord is out of the cards for me. Alright, so it's either Evo XL or the Combat Machine. Which one has the best parts for MOCing purposes?

for moc-ing purpose, i would go with combat machine and evo xl machine. both of them has a fair selection of parts that would be useful for moc-ing purpose.

evo xl machine comes with 3 small torso and 3 of this part, whch will be usefull for adding connection points to your moc. it also comes with 4 of this shell which i think is a pretty cool add-on armor, especially when you try to build a robot. this feet that come with it would also useful in that case.

combat machine, on the other hand, comes with 2 normal torso piece, and 2 of longest bone the latter only comes on combat machine, for recent sets. it also comes with 2 technic panel and a pair of jet wing. and if you try to build a more organic moc, this piece and this piece would be useful, both comes with combat machine too.

of course, those two sets also has more useful parts like bones and shells outside of what i mentioned. you can find their selection of parts on brickset or bricklink for more information.

hope this helps. :sweet:

Thanks everyone, I've just purchased Evo XL and Chi Gorzan (the latter for specific parts).