Sign in to follow this  
Jamit

Droids vs Clone - LEGO Animation

Hey guys, I just finished creating a short animation, thought I would share it here.

^Click the image^

The animation was created in six days and was done to get away from the monotony of working on larger, story driven projects. This was meant to be fast and action packed.

I agree, it's nice, but also very lacking at the same time. The clones didn't even seem to notice the bombs being dropped in front of them, and after the explosion, they just kept shooting as if nothing happened. At least they could have stopped firing and pumped their fists in the air or something, giving the clip an appropriate end. Also, if you wanted this to be action packed, it would have helped if you added some close ups of individual clones and droids firing.

What software did you use, and where did you get the models?

What software did you use, and where did you get the models?

Thanks for the comment. I agree, it was lacking. I kept myself to a very strict focus that called for a pretty limited scope. I could have spent another week on it... but that wasn't really the point, nor do I have another week to burn on it.

I used blender and got my models from Ldraw (minifigs and parts) and sci-fi 3d (destroyer droid).

Can't believe I missed this! Great job, the animation looks pretty smooth. Saw your other videos and tutorials, too; looks like you know what you're doing. :classic: There is actually a thread in the Star Wars forum dedicated solely to 3D modeling, but I can't find it right now.