Sign in to follow this  
TheWarden

MOC - Chroma Collector

My second Vic Viper build. Went for more of an experimental build as my first was more "traditional" VV form.

To that end, it's asymmetric, the front prongs are a bit all over the place and the rear fin is off to the side. Old light gray, plus some trans colors, and the idea that it was primarily a research vessel with low weaponry gave me some Classic Space vibes so that's why I said NCS "esque." First time breaking out my fleshies too.

The rainbow on the right was intended to be "visible light collectors," the clear bits to the left "non-visble light collectors" (aka x-ray, gamma, infrared, etc) and heck, a "RGB analyzer" to the upper left.

The cockpit... I was determined to use that two-seater piece but building around it was a nightmare. There are a few detail pics on how I did that cockpit too.

Honestly, I have to give credit to pasukaru76's Rainbow Ripper for the initial nugget of inspiration; I really wanted to do a rainbow in a spacecraft somewhere, so I built the right prong first and it all lead from there.

Credits:

- To the memory of Nnenn and the VV movement.

- To pasukaru76 for the N2010 graphic and for inspiration.

Thanks for looking!

The best way to view this (so I don't have to resize everything) is with the higher res photos and tagged items here at my Flickr album!

But if you like MOCPages it's there too.

A teaser shot (sized for EB) here:

5224805331_98b20b7c4b_b.jpg

CC-Splash by TheWarden007, on Flickr

The required "VV angle shot" here:

5224808113_6e8c78f958.jpg

CC-VVShot by TheWarden007, on Flickr

Side shot turned out kinda neat:

5225401228_1895f098c9.jpg

CC-3 by TheWarden007, on Flickr

How I did that cockpit:

5224808635_eca0a90ac5.jpg

CC-Detail01 by TheWarden007, on Flickr

&

5225403858_c27529b99a.jpg

CC-Detail02 by TheWarden007, on Flickr

Very interesting design for a VV TheWarden! The way you achieved the assymetric shape and the SNOT build is really quite amazing. Plus some pretty unique details like the rainbow light collectors and those trans-clear tubes and pieces really accentuate the whole ship. Great job on this one! default_thumbup.gif

crabboy329: Holy wings, Batman! LOL. Thanks.

KielDaMan: I reckon the Sci-fi forum is a bit slow, but thank you for commenting on both of my VVs.