7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this set?

• Poor
    • Bellow Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Excellent

Braptor’s Wing Striker

It’s been more than a year since I last posted, life keeps getting in the way. But I thought I might pop in and give you a pair of reviews of the newest Legends of Chima sets.

Set Name: Braptor’s Wing Striker

Set Number: 70128

Number of Pieces: 146

Figures: 2

Released: 2014

List Price: £12.99

70003 Peeron.com

70003 Bricklink Catalog

“Guard Eris’ CHI from LEGO® Legends of Chima™ Braptor’s Wing Striker with Sonorr gun, 2 grabbing bat wings, CHI weapon and 2 minifigures.”

As alwaus we being with the box, a slightly different as more sinister set of box art has been used for this years wave.

Front

70128-01.jpg

Why didn’t Eris bring the interceptor?

Back

70128-02.jpg

Apologies for the huge sticker!

Now let’s take a look at what you get in the box. I am glad TLC have been using smaller boxes it makes it looks less disappointment when you open them.

70128-03.jpg

Three bag build, one set of instructions and a sticker sheet.

70128-04.jpg

The stickers are only for panels.

Next the obligatory random page from the instruction booklet! Not sure why I always include one I think we all know what they look like by now.

70128-05.jpg

We’ve never seen the like before!

Interesting Pieces.

Only one part caught my eye as I opened the bags and scanned the bits and that’s Braptor’s gun piece which is new to me and looks quite useful.

70128-10.jpg

I can see lots of uses for this.

Minifugres

So this set has two figures; Eris, who I think we’re all familiar with, apart from now using a different colour armour and Braptor who I assume is evil (What happened to the ravens?) and looks beautiful as all Chima figures do. Braptor for some reason doesn’t have a reverse side to his head.

70128-06.jpg

Front without helmets.

70128-07.jpg

Back and reverse of the heads.

70128-08.jpg

Braptor’s helmet piece side view.

70128-09.jpg

Braptor’s helmet piece front view.

70128-11.jpg

Fully equipped.

The Actual Build

So the build comes in two parts a rather nodiscript bit of forest and a crystal to make up the set and then the Wing Stalker itself.

70128-12.jpg

Rather nothing.

The Wing Stalker

Nothing to eciting to report in the build

70128-13.jpg

Part built.

70128-14.jpg

Part built.

What what wait hold is a second!! Really Lego do we need a advert mid-build!

70128-15.jpg

Mum can I go and buy more Lego Chima sets NOW this advert is making me want to!

70128-16.jpg

Nearly done.

All together

With the Wing Stalker built we can take a look at everything together.

70128-17.jpg

Good vehicle and a bit of nothing.

We can also trap Eris and swoosh off with him

70128-18.jpg

Bye bye.

The Rating System

Figures: 7/10 (Good and well printed but let down by a lack of alternative exp<b></b>ressions)

Parts 8/10 (Some interesting parts in intresting colours)

Fun Fun Fun 10/10 (A swooshing good time to be had!)

Design 8/10 (An excellent design, I really like the wing trapping action)

Price 8/10 (It’s expensive but feels better value than last year’s £12.99 set, if it’s on sale I’ll certainly pick up more.)

Grand Total 41/50 (A good set with a high mark.)

Conclusions

So this is the fourth Legends of Chima set I’ve reviewed, I do have others to review but I keep not getting around to it and it always seems pointless to review stuff that’s not really old or really new.

I had mixed feeling last year about Chima but felt that they did improve with some of the later sets although the price point is still an issue for me.

This year I’m much more impressed the sets seem great and I will probably be picking up a few more of them. When I was looking at my review from last year I noticed that the air vehicles seemed better than the ground ones last year I think this year might be the other way around because apart from this set the air vehicles look rubbish. Yes I’m looking at you Lavertus' Twin Blade

Now over to you guys what do you think of this set and this year’s Chima sets?

Also stay tuned for my next review of Rogon's Rock Flinger I promise it won’t take a year to get done!

I just realized, Eris' torso is a different design than the one we saw in October, it doesn't go up as far, and has a necklace-thing instead.

It looks like an interesting little set. While the design is definitely not bat-like, I'm probably going to get this for the minifig-size bat wings. Could we please see a picture of those, by the way?

Thanks for the review, I was going to buy this anyway, but now I see this worth the money. Very fun set!

One thing that bothers me though, that Eris's stomach has a different color than her shoulders and head :wacko:

Edited by Csacsa234

Thanks for the review, Cardinal!

This isn't a bad set, but I don't like the bat. He looks like a gargoyle or something. The vehicle's cool, but the wings seem to be on backwards. I guess that's for the grabbing feature.

Good review!

The set doesn't interest me so I'll skip to the minifigs. Eris is great, the torso looks quite useful just like those of the other silver armoured heroes.

Braptor and the other Bats' heads (both the minifig head and the head/helmet) look simply ugly and cartoony, it's a shame because the other Chima villains look very threatening. That torso and those

legs though... I really like those! I need to make a quick search for sand blue heads, these Bats might be useful to be converted into demons...

I just realized, Eris' torso is a different design than the one we saw in October, it doesn't go up as far, and has a necklace-thing instead.

Yep, all the 2014 sets except the Legend Beasts have new torsos for the 2013 main characters. Eris has a unique new torso decoration, while Laval, Cragger, and Gorzan all share one. They all have unique new leg designs though.

The ravens and wolves are both on temporary hiatus as far as the playsets are concerned. Worriz just lucked out by getting a Legend Beast for the first wave — but unlike Cragger, Laval, Eris, and Gorzan, he does not appear in a playset, which means he does not yet have a new 2014 design.

Good review! I do not feel compelled to get this set (or any of the new playsets and Speedorz sets) currently, but we'll see if the pressure gets to me as the year goes on. I have a feeling that if I get a Chima craving I'll be more than satisfied with the Legend Beasts and possibly some of the 2013 sets I still have yet to build, though. Certainly the new sets have VERY nice designs, but I haven't been following the story too closely, and if I work up the interest to get more Chima sets I'd rather get some of the characters I missed from the established tribes versus new versions of characters I already have or brand-new characters from brand-new tribes.

Edited by Aanchir

Yep, all the 2014 sets except the Legend Beasts have new torsos for the 2013 main characters. Eris has a unique new torso decoration, while Laval, Cragger, and Gorzan all share one. They all have unique new leg designs though.

The ravens and wolves are both on temporary hiatus as far as the playsets are concerned. Worriz just lucked out by getting a Legend Beast for the first wave — but unlike Cragger, Laval, Eris, and Gorzan, he does not appear in a playset, which means he does not yet have a new 2014 design.

Good review! I do not feel compelled to get this set (or any of the new playsets and Speedorz sets) currently, but we'll see if the pressure gets to me as the year goes on. I have a feeling that if I get a Chima craving I'll be more than satisfied with the Legend Beasts and possibly some of the 2013 sets I still have yet to build, though. Certainly the new sets have VERY nice designs, but I haven't been following the story too closely, and if I work up the interest to get more Chima sets I'd rather get some of the characters I missed from the established tribes versus new versions of characters I already have or brand-new characters from brand-new tribes.

I don't mean to be rude, but in October Votvik leaked the new Eris on Ebay, the video is in the 2014 topic somewhere, if you look at thta design, then this design, this one has some slight differences, making that Eris one-of-a-kind.

I don't mean to be rude, but in October Votvik leaked the new Eris on Ebay, the video is in the 2014 topic somewhere, if you look at thta design, then this design, this one has some slight differences, making that Eris one-of-a-kind.

Ah, OK, I misunderstood the post I was replying to. The only "slight difference" I see is that the white diamond-shaped feathers of the final fig's torso decoration are not visible on the leaked one. Could mean the one leaked in october was preliminary, but I think it's more likely that it was just a quality control issue. That might partially explain how this fig got leaked in the first place — perhaps it was a "reject" that was nabbed by someone working in quality control, knowing that nobody would miss it. The matching legs, head, and headgear were then covertly snatched up to increase its resale value.

Alternatively, the leaked fig is in fact identical to the final one and the differences are just a matter of shoddy photography. The video in this post is the only place I've been able to find a pic of the leaked minifigure. If you can link me a better photograph that might rule out that theory, but in that video the white feathers on Eris's face, a feature that should be consistent on ALL Eris minifigures including 2013 ones, are not visible either. So it's possible the video just didn't have enough contrast to differentiate White and Light Royal Blue.

Edited by Aanchir

Ah, OK, I misunderstood the post I was replying to. The only "slight difference" I see is that the white diamond-shaped feathers of the final fig's torso decoration are not visible on the leaked one. Could mean the one leaked in october was preliminary, but I think it's more likely that it was just a quality control issue. That might partially explain how this fig got leaked in the first place — perhaps it was a "reject" that was nabbed by someone working in quality control, knowing that nobody would miss it. The matching legs, head, and headgear were then covertly snatched up to increase its resale value.

Alternatively, the leaked fig is in fact identical to the final one and the differences are just a matter of shoddy photography. The video in this post is the only place I've been able to find a pic of the leaked minifigure. If you can link me a better photograph that might rule out that theory, but in that video the white feathers on Eris's face, a feature that should be consistent on ALL Eris minifigures including 2013 ones, are not visible either. So it's possible the video just didn't have enough contrast to differentiate White and Light Royal Blue.

Ah, I see now, it's my mistake.

I thought they were diferent at first, but I see that they're similar now.