Sign in to follow this  
matagad

Project in LDD

This is my first post on this forum and I would like to say hi to all of you!

I have an project that i must finish for my college. I must build a robot / humanoid or something with gears / servo motor (mechanical transfers). This is not the problem, coz I dont have to build anything specific. I can build whatever I want.

Problem is = I need to control my robot, when I press w or up arrow, certain motor has to roll in certain direction. I m sure that this is not possible in LDD but I think that it might possible in some other program / application / or something like that.

Can anyone of u direct me how to deal with this problem? Is this even possible?

Something like robot arena - to set up controls, to control each motor with certain keyboard keys - that would solve my problems.

I hope u guys will help me / direct me in right direction coz my college degree depends on this :)

Thx alot for any help.

Edited by matagad

Hello I think your project would be better suited to SR3D builder,that has a very good animation console in it.however this requires a £35 euro registration fee.

LDD is limited in it's parts, especially for technic.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Thank you. Can you tell me if my project is realistic, can it be done in SR 3D builder and how much time will it consume? And do you have any tips?

Well, SR3D Builder is a very nice program (I always use and promote it :grin: ), but it's still a beta software. Especially the animation console (the part where you can add buttons and sliders to animate your model) and the animation engine are not completed yet. Although they can do a lot already (especially compared to earlier versions), there are still things that won't work. Of course, if it is a not too complicated model, everything is fine.

You can always try of course, and as I said earlier, the animation is quite good already. If you need any help with SR3D, just ask :wink:

Everything is fine but 35 for max. 10 days of work? Is someone kidding me? I know mr. Reano worked really hard for this but 35is really alot.

Obviously the license is not thought for few days of work, maybe you can continue to use it for fun, once the project is finished! :wink:

Anyway SR3D builder is available for everybody in its free version.

The free version has some limitations in advanced features, so I suggest you to try it and see if the free version is suitable for you (I've some doubt, as you require the animation console, but tou could make a try).

Everything is fine but 35 for max. 10 days of work? Is someone kidding me? I know mr. Reano worked really hard for this but 35is really alot.

As Calabar said, you can use the free version, although it has some limitations. You can find a comparison here.

And, I don't think it's too expensive at all. It just depends on the person who wants to buy it. In your case, it can be a bit much to pay as you probably will only use it once. But in my case, I don't think it's too expensive at all, because I use it almost daily. :classic:

I decided to buy it but i have problems with it :/

I cant make my gear to rotate one another... and im having hard time since im newbie :(. Do u have any tutorials / manuals or something like that

My failure Image

Edited by Calabar
: Oversized image converted in text link

Hmm... So, to be sure you did the right thing: to rotate gears you have to:

1. Select the "Animation Mode - Rotate" button. (the one with the gears icon)
  2. Select the axle or gear you want to rotate.
  3. Drag the mouse (while holding the left-mouse button) to the left or to the right.
  4. If you want to select another gear, double-click the "Animation Mode - Rotate" button again (this will also reset the previous turned gears) or you can press enter on your keyboar (this won't reset the previous selected gears).

If that doesn't work... Well, I have to get a better look...

If you have any more questions, please don't hold them back. :classic:

Problem is that i cant select any brick when i press on Animation mode - Rotate, I guess its either because I still didnt bought it or it is because of some kind of error I get when I try to rotate it.

I can rotate anything normally in Hinge mode and to be sure I downloaded testing gear code and still doesnt work :/

Error or I need to be registered?

Well, according to this comparison, you should be able to animate gears in both free and paid version.

And what do you mean with buying/registered? If you bought the software,, you will get an email with the instructions that say that you have to add the "Registration.key" file and you have to go to help > Register to register your software using the information given in the email.

Anyway, you should be able to rotate the gears in both the free and paid version. What error do you get when you rotate?

Maybe you can share the file?

EDIT: solved! I upgraded my net frameworks and IT WORKS :)))))))))))

Edited by matagad