Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

LEGO store display minifigures?

Hey all,

I'm looking for one of those way oversize minifigures that are used in displays at stores. Something like:

displayfig06.jpg

Anyone have one for sale, or else know where I can find one?

Thanks,

Bloody Jay :)

Well, found on Brickshelf, this person has 9 of these and 2 unopened ones...but he lives in Germany, so the shipping might be a bit high.

Here's his contact email (found on Brickshelf): ogretzky99[@]aol[.]com

(I put brackets so there wouldn't be any spamming...I wouldn't want to get into trouble. :| )

I'm sure Orlego had a plan a while back to steal some from his store! ;)

These are hard to come by, although this guy got lucky somehow. I asked at a store near me but they said they can't as the figs belong to TLC. You could try Bricklink or eBay, but they would be pretty expensive!

Jon.

I'm sure Orlego had a plan a while back to steal some from his store! ;)

These are hard to come by, although this guy got lucky somehow. I asked at a store near me but they said they can't as the figs belong to TLC. You could try Bricklink or eBay, but they would be pretty expensive!

Jon.

I did... not a single one! :'(

Ahemm...I have an announcement to make...see here for e-bay selling of the large minifig.

You won't like the price though....

Thanks for finding it! But the price... dear god. No way. I could probably have a plastic modeler MAKE one for less than that.

There is something similar to what you want, but is about half the size. They are called "Desk Pals" These oversized minifigures are about 8 inches high. Learn more about them here.

On E-bay, the only version that seems to be available is the female minifigure. :/

well i have one of these big figs beside me in my room and i like him alot im not about to sell him but i can still share pics of him.......he is in the sitting position

post-16-1119229944.jpg

I'd love one of those things. I'm trying to hatch a plot to swipe the ones from the local Toys R Us.

Steve

A while back I was talking with a LEGO employee. They have people who cruise eBay for these things, because they aren't allowed to sell them. Period. Someone mentioned they're property of TLC, and can't be sold.

I had the same comment at a german lego store. I don't even know how this guy was avle to get those :'(

Where did you get it, Chewie?

well i have known everyone at my local lego store for years now and i do some unoficial work for them and one of my 2 great friends there Heidi and Chris begged the owner of the lego store James and he said ok so all of them there gave me that guy for my birthday when i turned 12..but shh im not sapose to tell anyone :P

well i have known everyone at my local lego store for years now and i do some unoficial work for them and one of my 2 great friends there Heidi and Chris begged the owner of the lego store James and he said ok so all of them there gave me that guy for my birthday when i turned 12..but shh im not sapose to tell anyone :P

You lucky Chewbacca, you!

You lucky Chewbacca, you!

i dont mean to brag but yes i am very lucky to have one

Sign in to follow this