Sign in to follow this  
Philo

Conversion of SR3D files to MLCad MPD... and more

Michael Heidemann has updated his MPDcenter tool. New features were added to previous mpd management capabilities:

- Conversion of SR3D files with groups into multi-part Ldraw files. Each group is converted to a submodel, and MPDcenter tries to orient part in each submodel to ease further editing in MLCad. The first part encountered in each submodel is placed at origin of submodel with simple orientation (identity transformation matrix). If needed, using SR3D builder instructions miner, you can reorder parts in the group to choose this first part. (usage: start MPDcenter, then import -> import L3B as MPD).

- Creation of part inventory of a model. This is very similar to LDView inventory function (and actually it uses LDView engine), but instead of relying on external images coming from Peeron, it locally generates thumbnails for all parts, including LDraw unofficial parts. (usage: start MPDcenter, open model, then Informations -> Inventory).

...and of course these new functions were added to an already capable tool that allows to merge MPDs, include unofficial parts to MPD, validate MPD files for inclusion in LDraw Official Model Repositary, etc...

A complete documentation should be available soon.

Wow, that sr3d conversion feature is a great new feature. I'm sure that's going to be a much used feature for me :thumbup:

Thanks for notifying Philo :wink:

It seems there is some issue witht he download link.

Were you able to get the file?

It seems there is some issue witht he download link.

Were you able to get the file?

Yeah, I wanted to try it, but something went wrong with the link. If you look at the link, it's quite a funny error in my opinion :laugh:

A new version is available, correcting a crash occuring during L3B importation when referenced groups were missing in file (this occurs after a group delete in SR3Dbuilder).

That's strange, I was able to succesfully import files with deleted groups...

Well, nice to see the update though :classic:

I thought it was deleted groups, but maybe that's something else - anyway I had 2 files showing this issue, and Mike was kind enough to update his tool ;)