legocrazedkid

Anybody have any luck with creating instructions for large models (4k

LDD tends to hose up quite often.

Some programs do it, but need to be smaller (couple hundred pieces).

Or am I banished to using LDD and figuring it out, one piece at a time?

Did you make the file?! If so, what I do with larger models, so break them up in smaller builds. Group them by parts of the build, ei, cockpit, fuselage, wings, tail.

If you didn't make the file, use the hide function. build from the bottom up and hide bricks as you build the model.

Good luck, Jamie

I have a model that is complex and around 17,000 pieces. I had already broken it down into sections and worked from there, but just for kicks I let LDD run for a long time to see if it would ever finish the instructions. It did, finally, after about 3 weeks and the end result was unusable. If I would have followed those instructions I would have built a huge section of internal support as the last part of the build.

LDD making instruction? If it's more than 100 pieces, it's usually useless like impossible out of order build, floating pieces, etc. LDD was originally meant for young kids to make project that they can buy through LEGO, not to make a monster 500,000 piece model.

LDD making instruction? If it's more than 100 pieces, it's usually useless like impossible out of order build, floating pieces, etc. LDD was originally meant for young kids to make project that they can buy through LEGO, not to make a monster 500,000 piece model.

Yeah, I learned that fairly quickly, but it was kind of fun to see what LDD did with the 17k piece model. I don't think I would try 500k. :grin: