Sign in to follow this  
LegoEomer

Avon Saga Part 1 - Planning a City

Sir Thomas and three other men gathered in a field. The men were hired by Sir Thomas to plan out his capital, a new city, which he would name Rivendell. Here, he planned a walled city, with wide streets planned out in grid pattern.

"So this is the site?" asked one of the architects.

"Yes," said Sir Thomas, "I am planning to build a new city from scratch."

"Okay, that will take a long time." said another architect."

"You guys are not doing the building, we have workers," said Sir Thomas. "By the way, I would like a canal from the river, so ships can have access."

"That can be done too." replied the third architect.

"That is all for here," said Sir Thomas, "building should start next week."

24371799849_44f2329d61.jpgPlanning_a_City (1) by lego eomer, on Flickr

24713284456_c790826a2f.jpgPlanning_a_City (2) by lego eomer, on Flickr

24111329934_4144daf271.jpgPlanning_a_City (3) by lego eomer, on Flickr

So this is my first build for my new story. I took the advice of some of my fellow builders and added vegetation and rocks, along with some elevation on the ground. Again, comments are appreciated, and I hope you like it.

You're improving, and we can see you followed our advice. I'm still going to give a bit more of IT:

-the vegetation is good, but you can always add more! We're Avalonia!

-That tree is good as well, but seems a bit lonely. Try adding another one

-You already tried some reliƫf, but please add more! In real life, on ealmost never sees zich a flat terrain. I suppose you're planning to build something on top of this, but only heigth differences of 2 plates would make a lot of improvement!

-I understand that you want such a big base, but the bigger the base, the more there should be on top of it! Try the things I wrote above!

So, I hope that helps!

Good to see you trying new things, and accepting advice :thumbup: As Titus said, even more ground slope would be good, I often slope build towards on side or corner, to make a consistent hill appearance, rather than just lumps of higher ground :classic: