Sign in to follow this  
jonty14

Annoyed at my local supermarket (Kaufland) here in Germany

I went shopping today at the above shop. They used to have a good selection of Lego. They have now got rid of it all and now sell Banbao cheap rubbish!!!. Won't be going there again!

One of our local stores used to have some older LEGO sets in every now and then that they sold cheaply, usually the medium sized sets. Now they have stopped and have their own brand of clone stuff. The actual bricks seem to have quite a bit of clutch power and don't look that bad although I do n ot intend to buy any.

They have even set up a PAB wall for their own clone bricks, it is so annoying, they could have done that with real LEGO.

Over here in The Netherlands the Kruidvat drugstore chain used to carry a small selection of Lego-sets for well below the "normal" prices. To be honest, most stores only sold those when they had a promotion going on, but those would come around every few weeks, so it was worth the wait for e.g. Great Vehicles to show up. But it seems they have switched over to the dark side: Playmobil.

That said, the Action chain (which mostly sells left over stocks) now seems to have regular sales of Lego items, while they used to only sell the knock-offs.

The thing I am most happy about, though, is that the leading toystores finally have stopped adding a little to the "official" prices, for example selling € 19,99 sets for €21,99. They now sell sets at the same price as Lego, and sometimes even below.

I have never seen Kaufland selling much Lego ( only medium size or little Sets if at all).Maybe I am to young to know theres times. I have to go there again and check it out.

I thought only real cheap stores like Wiglu or Kodi. This are sad news =/ On the other hand many of the bigger markets around here have a lot of Lego and sometimes

very good sales. What's also noteworthy is that in my home town many of the stores where I bought Lego in my childhood turned away and only sell other toys or are

only selling bikes and skateboards etc.

Sign in to follow this