Sign in to follow this  
Chrono

Hello from South Korea.

Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian living in South Korea and I recently re-awakened my love for Lego as I bought a few sets to build with my son. Only then did I realize that South Korea made some pretty decent knock offs. I instantly thought that people around the world would want to own some of these awesome sets. Honestly, I found Eurobricks as I was searching for places to advertise the lego knock offs I found. Lo and behold though, it wasn't much of a secret and I have since found threads about the Korean company dating back five or six years. Talk about arriving to the party late.

Regardless, I hope to use the site to advertise the Oxford sets in way of reviews and pictures, but I also hope to participate and add to the community. Going over some other introduction threads, Eurobricks looks both welcoming and fun.

As for my lego tastes, I love the medieval and pirate sets, but my last trip to the shop I saw some Pharoah sets. As far as I know, those are new. I think I will be picking up a number of those.

I am also starting to remember the danger of going to the shop to look at Lego. You tend to walk out with some. :laugh:

Cheers.

Welcome to Eurobricks Chrono! I hope you will have fun here! :laugh:

Hi, Chrono... and welcome! Lucky you, I've always wanted to visit South Korea. Hopefully someday... would you happen to know of a website that shares Oxford instruction booklets to the public? I've seen some of these sets online but never really got the chance to look at it firsthand. Some are really nice designs and would like to build using my extra Lego bricks I have at home. Thanks for your time.

Hurrah! Someone else who appreciated Oxford sets! There are a few of us around but it is next to impossible to purchase them outside of South Korea.

Welcome to the forum! Compatible brand reviews belong in the community forum (just a heads up, some members can get snippy if they are posted elsewhere). Hope to see some interesting sets.

(The moderator formerly known as Queen of the Clone Brands)

Thanks for all the replies.

Hi, Chrono... and welcome! Lucky you, I've always wanted to visit South Korea. Hopefully someday... would you happen to know of a website that shares Oxford instruction booklets to the public? I've seen some of these sets online but never really got the chance to look at it firsthand. Some are really nice designs and would like to build using my extra Lego bricks I have at home. Thanks for your time.

I don't know of a site, but that gives me an idea. I will put up pictures of Oxford sets I've purchased. If anyone wants me to scan any instruction booklets, I would be more than happy to.

And Peppermint M, good to find other people who appreciate a good clone. And I'll be sure to find the appropriate thread before adding any reviews or pictures. I do realize this is a Lego appreciation site first! :classic:

Cheers.

I live in South Korea.

so I have lots of Oxford sets.

Oxford is released 'Korea History Series'. i like it.

But Oxford is be not all that than Lego.

My friend(Korean) live in canada too.

Edited by JaeYeon eom(South Korea)

:oh: I'm in the opposite situation Chrono!

I'm a Korean who lives in Canada.

During my short visit I also had a chance to play with Oxford sets.

The quality is quite equivalent to LEGO's and the sets were pretty well built.

I remember this Sci Fi theme where there were similar figures as the Red Imperial Guards and soldiers with trans-blue guns..

Do you know that?

Anyways, welcome to Eurobricks!

Hey Chrono,

I'm also a Canadian living in Seoul. First daughter on the way. I've reviewed several Oxford sets on here, mostly Military stuff, but a few of the medieval sets as well. Pepperment could link you to the clone review thread I'm sure so you can get an idea of what we've covered. I just picked up the Chopper from their latest military set release. It looks nice.

Oxford is great on so many levels, and honestly with a little work they could be better than Lego is right now. I mean Lego is pretty much always the king, but honestly if Oxford would put a little more focus in to their sets, they'd produce some really great stuff. I'm glad they don't shy away from guns, and they have the great military sets. Their historical sets are pretty cool, but their town sets are lacking. They need to produce some "Korean" town sets. Like store fronts with multiple businesses in them, or small "Aparts", and things like that. They do well on vehicles, but the vehicles got no where to go.

One aspect I like with Oxford is that they don't skimp on figures. The chopper was like $22 and it's got 7 or 8 figures in it.

:oh: I'm in the opposite situation Chrono!

I'm a Korean who lives in Canada.

During my short visit I also had a chance to play with Oxford sets.

The quality is quite equivalent to LEGO's and the sets were pretty well built.

I remember this Sci Fi theme where there were similar figures as the Red Imperial Guards and soldiers with trans-blue guns..

Do you know that?

Anyways, welcome to Eurobricks!

This is the oxford product line:

http://oxfordtoy.co.kr/product/small.asp

There are some much older sets not on those pages, but I've never seen anything like that at all. There is a Naver cafe or something that has all the sets listed, I had it last year when I was doing a lot of Oxford research, but I've never really seen them do an SF thing. For some reason Koreans don't really do a lot of SF stuff on their own (movies, tv shows, etc)