Sign in to follow this  
VBBN

Epic: The Mercy of Death

Before I begin I'd like to explain a bit about this story. While I enjoy the Hero Factory sets and concept, I do miss the storyline of of Bionicle and such. Yes I know it is still existent in the canons and such, but, I really never followed those(though I do plan on starting on them sometime soon) But anyhow I decided to begin a new epic that is a total new start. However im not doing a new start like 2009 was. I mean, everything is new. The characters from Bionicle, such as makuta, Mata Nui, etc, are all gone. You may here some familiar words, like "Piraka" describing murderous thieves, but no characters will remain the same. Even the ranks of characters are different. Turaga are similar to my story's "Nobilis," the matoran are equivelant to my "Incola," etc. The Custos are not equivelant to Toa, they are less powerful, more like Vahki. Anyhow, here is chapter one, stay tuned for dailey updates. So there are two things that i did in this story. First of all, I tried to keep things simple in this chapter, to kinda bring in people who dont know a ton about Bionicle(Im putting this on BZP and many other sites) Secondly, i kept a lot of homages, such as the Knowledge towers of Ko-Metru and the Suvas of Mata Nui.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

5258630908_8a8387fdb6_o.png

Lightning. It is a beautiful thing. Bright, colorful, and unique. A lone figure, clad in dark blue armor, sat atop a high plateau. It was dark outside, the stars and moons gleamed I the night sky. However ways off, the weather was much different. The figure had planted down on the edge of the plateau to observe the strange weather. Purple, green, and yellow lighting shot down from the sky, followed by the bellowed booms of the thunder. The figure, whose name was Guruk, had never seen such strange lightning before. It never stopped, it constantly flashed. When one bolt touched down, another would touch down in a different spot as the first was dissipating. The thunder would boom then the sky rumbled until another boom. Guruk could hear the rain crashing down on the village, known as Ga-Urbem.

Ga-Urbem was the central city of Ga-Terris. Ga Terris was one of 8 regions of a large island called Valida Nui, which was known as the "Powerful Force" lands. The 8 regions were Fire, Water, Ice, Electricity, Air, Stone, The Caverns, and Plasmus Fortress. The first 6 regions all worked together to keep Valida Nui working. The fire region provided the forging needed for weapons, tools, and machinery. The water region provided the main drinking source for the inhabitants of the land. The great oceans of Protodermis that surrounded them were toxic to their systems, however the Water Region daily processes this protodermis into water, in which all can drink. The ice region has great towers that went to the clouds in which the Cartographers and Astronomists study the island and the skies. In addition they ran the boundaries of the regions. The Electrical region did just that. They supplied the electricity for all of the island. The air region is the region that supported life for over 80% of the creatures that live on the island. These creatures are used for transportation, food, defense, and other uses. The stone region is the noble area of the island, covered in sculptures and artifacts. They also build the barriers, traps, and gates that surround the islands important buildings and lands. The caverns were a huge underground expanse that had been carved out by beings a long time ago. No one on the upper part of the island knew what lived down there. there was one opening that led down into them, but those who went in never came out. The Plasmus Fortress was the center of the island, it was where all meetings, fights, shows, and other such activities are performed. Guruk was a being known as an Incola, an inhabitant, of Valida Nui. Incola were the main inhabitants of the island. Above them were the Nobilis, the noble leaders. The Custos, were the guardians, who were assigned to the regions of the lands.

Guruk edged down the Plateau. His home was in one of the high-rise buildings in the city, in the Kryas tower. But should he go, or was it safer back here? He then noticed a fellow Incola running towards him. At once he recognized it was his friend, Kodua. Kodua ran up to Guruk.

"What's going on?" Guruk asked his icy friend

"The storm is causing mayhem in there, Custos are having to barricade the streets and keep it down, a lot of have been hurt by the lighting." Kodua replied

"When did it start?" Guruk replied, noticing a huge bolt of lightning slam into the Kryas Tower.

"A few hours ago when the blue sun started to go down." Kodua said

"Hopefully it stops soon, at this rate, Ga-Urbem is going to be a graveyard." Guruk said, a sense of seriousness in his voice.

"Well there's no sense in trying to get to your tower right now, you can come stay with me till it passes." Kodua said, and began walking.

"Thanks" Guruk replied, and followed Kodua.

----------------------------------

Nobilis Grakka walked around the Ga-Suva. Each Terris had a Suva in the center of it, in which important meetings were held around. Grakka was the elder of the water region, and as she walked around the Suva, she listened to the calming sound of the waterfalls along the walls of the building it was located in. She stopped walking. Her matoran Chronicler entered.

"What do you make of the weather?" Chronicler asked

"Strange." Grakka said

"The Nobilis of Lightning is on his way here now to investigate it." Chronicler said

"Its passing, Grakka replied, dissipating actually." She said, pondering her thoughts. "It just, it started and is leaving. It doesnt move. The wind has no effect on the clouds."

"Do you think it is an unnatural event?" Chronicler asked

"There is only one way to tell." Grakka said, a sense of disappointment in her voice.

"What might that be?" Chronicler asked

"We wait." Grakka said, and walked away, out of the building.

------------------------------------

Kodua dropped his pack off as he entered his room atop the Seris Tower in Ko-Urbem. Guruk walked over to the grand window that took up the entire front wall of Kodua's home. It overlooked almost all of Ko-Urbem. The window was made of glass, a material created by the joint manufacturers of the Fire and Stone regions. The stone region smashed rocks into sand, and merged with magma to create the material. It was used as a clear barrier for all of the towers in the Urbems. Kodua walked over to his laboratory and flicked on the lights.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed

"What?" Guruk asked

"Something's going on with this island! The volcanoes of Ta-Terris are erupting everywhere, Ze-Urbem is in a major blackout, and" He paused

"And what?" Guruk asked

"Run. Go back to your Urbem, Guruk. The storm is ceasing. Get out of here. You dont want to be here, not with these readings that I'm getting." Kodua said urgently

"But-"

"Just go! Ill talk to you later, Guruk" Kodua said, rushing Guruk towards the door.

Guruk left, then Kodua turned around. Snow was beginning to fall outside. The storm had already begun.

Zepura turned on his flashlight. He was a Incola who lived in Ze-Terris, the Electrical region. It was normally an extremely bright area. But now, the power was gone. The city was blackened. The only light came from the thousands of flashlights that were turned on, and the starry skies. But at that moment, Zepura noticed something very odd. The ground seemed to be buzzing. He rubbed his hand in the dirt, and felt his hand vibrate. He approached Nobilis Zet-De-Si, the Nobilis of Electricity.

"What's with the ground?" Zepura asked

"Its light ablaze with electricity. Its like all of our light has gone into the ground" Zet-De-Si replied, musing idea.

"Where are you going?" Zepura asked as the Nobilis began to walk away

"I was on my way to Ga-Urbem to investigate the storm. I thought at first there might be a connection with the lightning and our lack of it, but the charge is different. It seems we have two different issues at stake here."

Turpaq, the Nobilis of Fire, watched two Custos slam a lead barrier down in front of a stream of lava. All of the volcanoes had erupted, and the temperature of the fire region was getting dangerously hot. The armor was beginning to become malleable on him. At this rate, it would melt right off of him. The, the rest of him would probably melt. He was surprised that the Custos could function so well in the conditions. They had been built to withstand intense heat, but this was even beginning to test their abilities. Many squads of Ga-Custos were on their way, but at this rate, it would make no difference, whatever was happening was happening fast. But The heat wasnt what intrigued him. It was the fact that the lava seemedalive. It was all heading towards a certain area, but where he couldnt predict. It seemed that, when blocked by the Custos, it found another path, moving up over hills and plateaus.

Poduuc, the Nobilis of Stone, sweated as the heat from the border region Ta-Terris made its way into Po-Terris. He was amongst a large group of Custos, being lead to Po-Suva. But at that moment. The Custos stopped.

'Why are we stopping? I must get to the Suva-" Poduuc began

"Danger Sensed. Enter Defense Mode |()|" One of them replied in it's robotic voice.

"Danger? We are in the middle of a blasted desert! All this sand is getting to your circuits." Poduuc replied angrily.

But then, he began to regret what he said. The wind picked up. The sand began to swirl around his feet. The Custos huddled round him, providing a barrier. The Sandstorm had started.

-------------------------------------

Luytus, the Nobilis of Air, leaped aside as a massive Arooki Bear raged past him. As Luytus followed where it had come from, he noticed that things seemed to be dying all over the place. Birds fell from trees, bear dropped to their knees, and the plant life was lowly dying. Luytus backed up, and began to run from the area. Whatever was happening was killing everything. And Luytus did not intent on being killed, not today. Two Le-Custos ran past him, swords and guns at the ready. He watched them enter the forest. He then heard the familiar beep of their deactivation. He began running once more, twice the speed now.

-------------------------------------

Guruk lay in his bunk, listening to the alarms of the Ga-Custos running outside in the streets. The sky was peaceful. It was nearing daytime. But then, Guruk looked out his window, observing ga Urbem. A great flash of lightning came down, and rain dropped down like a bucket. The storm was back. And this time, it was bigger.

5260902178_dd8480508a_o.png

It shot through the sky like a silver bullet. It was chrome silver and white in color, and was shaped like a double pointed diamond as it entered the atmosphere of the planet and hurtled towards Valida Nui. It flew straight and true, towards the icy region of the Island, known as Ko-Terris. A snowstorm brewed to the west, but that was of no matter. The object had a destination. It flew towards the Glacier of Aurrut. It slammed into the ground, sticking up from the ice like a dagger. The snow around it was kicked up, but began to settle. An Incola that had been taking samples of the glacier moved near the strange object that had crashed. As he moved closer, a strange noise caused him to jump back. It sounded like a loud crack, and suddenly a few pieces of the object fell off. Then the rest of it unfolded. Before long, a figure, clad in white and chrome silver armor, stood. A single blue optic flared to life. It looked down at the Incola.

------------------------------

Kodua looked out the window once again. The snow had picked up, the temperature had gone down at least 40 degrees, and the wind caused the snow to slam into the building like a sandstorm. He wondered how much this window could withstand before shattering from the cold. He exited his room and shot down the shoot to the bottom of the tower. He then noticed that no one was in the lobby. He walked outside into the storm, bracing himself. But then he noticed, he didnt get hit my the snow. Instead, he saw a huge crown of inhabitants staring at something. he wandered over to investigate.The storm was in a concentrated area. All of the snow and ice was being thrown at one building. The wind funneled inwards toward the building, almost as if the building itself was sucking the storm towards it. The building seemed to be absorbing the snow. Kodua began running through the crowds. He was determined to get into the building and find out what was going.This is how he discovered things.

------------------------------

Guruk leaped back as a blast of lightning smashed the window of his room. Rain came in flooding the floor in an instant. Guruk leaped for his pack, then ran out of his room before he got taken away with the storm. He ran to the top of the tower, and ran outside. The Kryas Tower's top was above the storm clouds. Guruk ran and looked over the edge of the top of the tower. What he saw, was unlike anything he had seen before. The clouds were not just dark gray balls of fluff on top like normal storms. They were black, with red sparks shooting from cloud to cloud, huge funnel clouds sprang out of the cloud everywhere tearing into buildings, and the clouds were stuck in one place, they did not move. At that moment, Guruk caught the slight glimmer of something shiny out of the corner of his optic. He glanced to the right, to see something far off in the distance, like a shooting star, come shooting down from the sky and landing a long ways off.

-------------------------------

Zepura had found something extraordinary. The ground seemed to grow in electrical strength as he moved forward. All of the energy seemed to be flowing to one spot. The flashlight grew brighter and brighter, then shot out. But he didn't need it. Smaller lights on his armor lit the way. It was getting harder to walk, as the energy was acting like a magnet, pulling him backwards and hurting him from the shock. But he kept on moving. But then, he was thrown sideways, being dragged along the dirt. A portion of the electricity was being pulled into another direction. many other Incola were dragged along with it as well. Then, Zepura felt the electricity leave him, and he crashed into something. He looked up, coming face to face with a being in yellow and silver armor. Three dark blue optics stared down at him.

-----------------------------

Poduuc yelled as a twister of sand slammed into the group of Custos surrounding him, scattering them in the sand, as the sandstorm blinded them. Poduuc noticed a huge hole was being formed as sand was taken away from the ground. He backed away, the wind knocking him over. Two of the Custos were blown away, and sucked into the hole. A tentacle of sand emerged from the hole, whipping at the air, dissappating into a rain of sand bullets than nailed into him, tearing at his armor.

-----------------------------

A silver object plunged into the great volcano of Ta-Terris. If anyone were around to see it, they would see a figure crawling out of it, the lava dripping off of his chrome gold armor.

----------------------------

The city of Po-Urbem. A vast collection of small villages all crammed together, with great stone sculptures all around. The most known sculpture was Ignus Perokidus, a giant pyramid with 7 sides that had been the first ever sculpture ever created in Po-Terris. A tour group of Ta-Incola were being shown the pyramid at this very moment.

"Whats that?" one of them asked, pointing to the sky. Something was coming towards them, but the sun reflected off of it making it blinding to look at. The object shot down at lightning speed, slamming into the pyramid. Pieces flew everywhere, and dust filled the air. When the dust settled, there was a hole bored into the pyramid that could fit two Custos. A figure emerged from it.

The soft ground of the forest had housed her for many years. but now, the attack was ready. She had communicated with her brothers through their elemental powers. A green hand, with spiked on its knuckles, blew out of the ground. it gripped the soft earth, tearing loose a clob of grass. Another hand emerged. Then, a green lump with spikes on it, then two, yellow, eyes. An evil grin was then seen, dirt gritted in it's teeth. The monsterous creature pulled itself out of the ground and stood at full height. A bird flew near, then fell out of the sky, lifeless. The creature screeched. Tyrant was mobilized. She glanced upwards. A strange object was heading towards her. It was silver and shaped like a ground dagger. It came towards her, almost smashing right into her. She watched as the object plunged into the ground, then a figure rose from it, pieces of of the object falling off of it. It looked at Tryant. Then, it spoke.

"Target Acquired."

Thanks guys;D

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

5264057433_a72aaae061_b.jpg

The incola backd away from the large being that stood before him.

"W-what a-are you-u?" The incola asked, stammering

The being stared at him for a moment, then made a strange clikcing noise and spoke.

"My name is Monogeth. I mean no harm to you. I need to speak to the ruler of this land." It said, in a robotic voice. The incola couldn't tell if the being had a mouth or not, as his face was mostly a flat white plate with the exception of his single blue eye. The beings head was extremely long, and came to a point at the back.

"I will bring you to Nobilis Krakka." The incola said, and lead the figure onwards.

---------------------------

Poduuc opened his eyes. What he saw, was unbelievable. The sandstorm had stopped. The large hole that had opened in the ground, was still there, however a figure was rising from the center of it, a pillar of stone lifting him up. The creature was savage looking, with two blazing red eyes, destructive looking claws, and spikes all along his back. His arms were massive in size, and Poduuc imagined they could smash the great pyramid of Ignus Perokidus to dust within seconds. The creature stood, and leaped off of the pillar as it stopped rising. It landed, a big thump as it did so. The sand around it's feet seemed to dance in motion, in a vibrating motion. The creature then picked up one of the Custos who lay near him. All of the custos appeared to be dead. It tore off its head, then pulled its body apart, bolts and armor falling to the ground. The sand around it's feet seemed to welcome the armor as food, as the granules swarmed, weathering down the armor into nothing. Satisfied, the creature walked off, not even noticing Poduuc.

Piatra .

--------------------------

The magma flowed to a stop, finally reaching its destination. The great plate. The great plate was a large piece of solidified protodermis that had been built over the Verricus, the most treachourous volcano in Ta-Terris. It had once erupted, and destroyed the entire city, and expanded into Po-Terris. The Ga-Custos and Ta-Custos had managed to stop it, however serious precautions had been put into place. And now, all of the magma from the volcanoes that had erupted on this day had traveled to this plate, heating up the top of it. That was all that was need. The metal tore, a hand ablaze emerged. Soon, a figure had ripped his way out from underneath the plate, trapped in the volcano for many years. It opened it's optics, and surveyed the area. Magma flowed at his feet.

Incendiu.

------------------------

Guruk looked back down at the storm clouds. Something odd was happeneing to them, They seemed to be getting smaller. He ran, down to the bottom of the building into the lobby and looked out the window at the sight to behold. Something had risen from the street, And was absorbing the clouds. When all the clouds were gone, a blue armored beast stood, the red lightning flickering in his crimson eyes. It screeched.

De Apu

-----------------------

The being pulled himself out of the ground, using the darkness as a shield from himself being seen. Something had distracted the locals, something with yellow and silver armor. But it was of no matter to this being. It was the cover he needed besides the darkness. He ran, all f the cities electricity stored within him.

Fulger

--------------------

Kodua stopped. He couldn’t even imagine what he saw. The building he enetered was being torn apart by the wind, snow and ice. And a creature, covered in spikes and claws, had emerged from the floor, absorbing the weather. Then, it looked around, observing its surroundings. Then, it looked at Kodua. It's eyes grew deep red, and it braced itself, ready to attack.

Gheata

--------------------

Tyrant had been waiting for this, for a long time. Waiting to fight, to breathe, to walk the ground of earth. For years she had been trapped underground, building up her powers after being defeated by a greater power. But now, the Vremea were ready. They were more powerful, and ready to destroy anything in their path. They possesed the powers of the elements in which they had been surrounded by. Fire, Water, ice, Electricity, Stone, and the 6th was Tyrant's. Instead of mastering air, she mastered the thing that it supported in Le-Terris. Life. Each of the Vremea's names were Incolan names for their respective elements. Except for Tyrants. Tyrant's name should have been Viata, meaning life. But, she did not use her powers for life. She did not learn how to give life. She learned, how to take it away. Her name should have been Moarte, meaning death. But, something about it did not appeal to her. Did not seem right. Almost, as if it were already being used, by someone she knew very well. And hated. So she stuck with her original name that had been given to her before she was buried. Tyrant. Tyrant, was the name she lived by, because she was the ruthless and cruel leader of the Vremea.

Tyrant

But none of that mattered now. She was ready to fight. And the fool, clad in green and silver armor who stood before her, would be her first prey. She braced herself tolunge at him, as she did not have any weapons, not yet. However the opposer whipped his hand extremely fast, throwing a silver dagger that stuck into Tyrant's armor. Before she could pull it out, twin whirlwinds were emitted from his hands, slamming into her, knocking her to the ground. She growled, angered. She began to pull herself up, just as the opposer leaped over to her. It grabbed her by the spiked on her head, and lifted her up. With a sound of smashing metal, the opposer nailed her in the stomach with his fist, knocking her backwards into a tree. She then realized, that something about this opposer was different. All the creatures who had come near her before, had died instantly. This one, showed no sense of dying. Almost as if it wasn't even alive.