Sign in to follow this  
Andy D

Halloween in Transylvania

I have put my annual Halloween decorations together. I got started a little earlier this year and spent all the time I could find. Last year ( http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75772&hl=halloween ) it was just the Haunted house and cemetery and witches. This year I added a Vampire’s Castle (actually 2 copies to make one larger castle) and some unhappy villagers. I believe the display is an improvement over last year, but it still needs work and time (time I just don’t have right now). But I have learned a few lessons which I will try to incorporate for my next seasonal display.

C&C more than welcome. I am still trying to learn and to improve my MOC’ing skills.

Haunted House to Castle

10140886216_cde0178983_c.jpg

This is a block (?) in Transylvania where the current Counts live(?). At one end of the block is the current youngest Count and his bride (in a run down house) at the other end is the reigning Count (who lives in the castle) with his bride. Between is the small park (just an open lot) where the witches occasionally gather to make a brew and the cemetery where the past Counts have been entombed for thousands of years.

Storming the Castle

10140856506_f28f7d7753_c.jpg

On Halloween, every year the villagers get fed up with the reigning Count’s blood sucking taxes (his taxes leave the villagers drained and pale) and they don’t like the experiments and are just generally unhappy. So every year about this time the villagers just storm the castle with whatever they have to try to get their message across.

While some just sing and dance

10140677174_a7db174c65_c.jpg

While some villagers storm the castle other villagers just sing and dance

The Count's Cemetery

10140681154_a683d245ff_c.jpg

This is the entrance to where all the Counts and relatives have been entombed for thousands of years. But they don’t stay dead all year. On Halloween the first Count's statue turns from grey to full color.

Cemetery top view

10140782155_cb8a173b06_c.jpg

On Halloween, the first count awakens from his sleep (a dead sleep) and he watches the festivities from the entrance of his tomb, one of the (younger, undead) counts leads a group of the undead in their favorite dance, the Thriller Dance, other of the undead escape their graves. They are just one partying group of undead.

The Headless Horseman

10140685584_de49fbfb6b_c.jpg

On hearing all the racket, the Headless Horseman rides to the Count's cemetery to see what all the celebration is all about.

The Witches Brew

10140786325_81f9d3a5d8_c.jpg

A coven of witches (all 13) are celebrating by cooking up a new brew (it's better than Budweiser).

The current (youngest) Count

10140909523_97f5b77860_c.jpg

The current (youngest) Count and his bride watch the festivities from the front of their house. Some pet spiders have awakened to all the racket and are going to investigate.

A Modular Street

10140872676_3a7e6f0037_c.jpg

This Modular street has been taken over by zombies. The only safe place is in the buildings. If you stay in the buildings you do not become a zombie.

Zombies just can't drive

10140792005_6d6bc89154_c.jpg

Zombies can't drive as is evidenced by the lack of cornering skills. All the people on the street become zombies every Halloween.

Lost astronaut zombie.

10140694124_7d8cc22ca1_c.jpg

This astronaut zombie got lost. While a girl on bicycle wants to buy a hotdog.

Bride and Groom.

10140799415_b2b895e585_c.jpg

Bride and groom finish coffee, come out of the Cafe, become zombies and are almost run over by another zombie who just cannot drive who is followed by the zombie police officer on a motorcycle.

My Halloween display

10140926333_1bb9f3fdb9_c.jpg

This is just an overview of my studio showing my build and south wall display/storage space.

Lessons learned:

The castle would look better on a hill.

Need more rubble in the cemetery.

The witches park needs more detail.

I should cover the countertop with white paper before putting up a display. The “leather-look” top looks good by itself, but I believe a white liner would make seasonal displays look better. I will either use a white vinyl sheet with no creases or maybe butcher paper or some other white paper.

Putting the spider web material on the counter top and other places is very time consuming and requires two people. If I get time before Halloween I may try to change it out.

Thanks for looking and C&C welcome and appreciated.

Have a spooky Halloween!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Looks good! And that swirling fog effect is the perfect finishing touch. I like the Graveyard and the fact that the Village People decided to turn up.

Very Halloween-y. Oh, and I remember your studio/build area from your posts when you were putting that together - it's good to see the MOCing and Building take place there!

Looks good! And that swirling fog effect is the perfect finishing touch. I like the Graveyard and the fact that the Village People decided to turn up.

Very Halloween-y. Oh, and I remember your studio/build area from your posts when you were putting that together - it's good to see the MOCing and Building take place there!

Thanks. I had fun. More sorting going on than building though. I do mix my sorting with building though.

That's awesome! My Vampyre Castle is supposed to arrive in a day or two, and this setup inspires me.

Ragnar

Thanks, have fun with your castle.

Amazing. I like the witches moc the bet. the flames under the caldron is fantastic.

Thanks.

Thanks to all, your comments are appreciated.

Andy D