Sign in to follow this  
Chilly_Productions

Region Exclusive Polybags

I was looking forward to the Nexo Knights Intro Pack (5004388), but then I found out that it is not available in the UK. Why is this? :wacko:

In the case of polybags like that, it's sometimes just a case of the promotion not happening at the same time worldwide. There have been a lot of instances in recent years where a polybag has been given away by the Lego Shop in one country several months before it is given away in another. It's just a consequence of Lego shop promotions being done on a regional basis, rather than being coordinated globally.

In some other instances, polybags given away in one way in America end up distributed differently in the UK. For instance, it seems to be a fairly regular occurrence for Lego polybags to be given away with copies of certain newspapers in the UK, which is something that never happens in the U.S.—in those cases, the polybags usually instead find their way to checkout counters at supermarkets or are given away at toy stores or the Lego Shop.

Of course, there are exceptions—I recently ordered a Bionicle polybag with an exclusive mask that seems to have been released only in Russia (and possibly other parts of Eastern Europe). But chances are in this case that it's only a matter of time before that polybag surfaces on your side of the Atlantic.

Never heard of any exclusive polybags released in Poland :hmpf_bad:

Actually, it's hard in general to obtain polybags here. Got two (unpacked) from an online seller. Never got to know where did she get those.

Hmmm... I've never seen any of the newspaper giveaways available in the U.S.. I might not always pay attention, but I had to buy the Pirates of the Caribbean ones on BL.

There are definitely exclusives that never become available anywhere else.