Sign in to follow this  
Matteo Kenobi

The Ruins of Mapungubwe

Johnny and Doc climb the treacherous rocks to explore some un-charted territory

Well I'm not exactly a common moc, while I was about to disassemble The Border Ambush because I couldn't quite seem to find a place for it. I looked at the top and noticed how much it looked like a ruin, so many ideas began to rush through my mind and I thought I would try my hand at creating a cliff. Now I'm not sure it came out perfect and I can't take full credit for the moc but please tell me what you think!

johnnyanddoc.png

death.png

Sorry with the odd size of the MOC those pictures weren't great, but you can find more full size pictures here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36523321@N06/

Critique and Comment would be very appreciated!! Thank you! :sweet:

Hmmm, I very much like the caves and the whole moc itself. One mini suggestion would be to use some smooth parts along the mountain, but then again, it looks fine with out. Great job!

Hmmm, I very much like the caves and the whole moc itself. One mini suggestion would be to use some smooth parts along the mountain, but then again, it looks fine with out. Great job!

Haha you seem to be everywhere :tongue: Thank you very much first of all and alright, I might just experiment with that!

Haha you seem to be everywhere :tongue: Thank you very much first of all and alright, I might just experiment with that!

Just offering my comments as everyone else should. Thats true, I may be even faster that KimT :vader:

They 'd better not fall down...

Nice MOC, I love how you've done the spears in the cave, and the rocks with vegetation are done quite good as well.

I like the way you've made the "spear pit" with the skeletons in it, however I think you could improve the look of the cliff, to make it look more natural. overall, very nice MOC. :thumbup:

Thanks for the great comments everyone! :pir-classic:

It has an awesome landscape :thumbup: I also liked how you made the spears go through the skeleton's body

Thank you very much, the spears through the Skeletons body is a nice detail but not entirely hard, looks good and glad you like it!

They 'd better not fall down...

Nice MOC, I love how you've done the spears in the cave, and the rocks with vegetation are done quite good as well.

No that would certainly not be good,

Thank you very much Zorro, it means a lot! Glad you like it!

I like the way you've made the "spear pit" with the skeletons in it, however I think you could improve the look of the cliff, to make it look more natural. overall, very nice MOC. :thumbup:

Thank you, you know I wasn't quite satisfied with the cliff either, I agree it does look a bit un-natural. It's not to bad so I didn't want to risking losing other features to do it, however If I had a few more 1x2 dark grey slopes I think I could have probably made it a bit better. Thank you very much!

A very creative Vignette, I suggest a view of the trapdoor is necessary and maybe a shot of the characters up top dodging the trapdoor/fall.

Cheers

A very creative Vignette, I suggest a view of the trapdoor is necessary and maybe a shot of the characters up top dodging the trapdoor/fall.

Cheers

Thanks you ISC! And I took some pictures of the trap door and are under the Flickr link but they weren't the best so I think I'll take some more creative ones soon.