moijk

Hi Forum

I'm a 37 year old guy. I'm not the typical lego fan since i'm not getting anything for my self, but my (oldest, four year old) kid at least have more lego than his friends. While the sets stay in their original form a week at most - I'm always amazed what he thinks of when he combine them with the other sets he got. I have never subjected him to car culture of any kind, but his lego sports car suddenly had a big spoiler and arrays of lights, a big engine and bigger wheels than original. If they are not teared to pieces to create submarines, airplanes or whatever is on his mind. It is because of him I'm here, I want to build on that.

My youngest is just tossing the pieces of the old duplo sets his older brother had around. But that's what ten month olds do.

But about me. My hobbies are retro computers and consoles, photography and electronics. I'm an computer science engineer by trade.

Welcome Moijk

Children/Grandchildren are many a Parent/Grandparents unintended route into the wonderful world of Lego.

If I were you I'd be prepared to, as Zblj put it, become addicted :sweet:

Don't fight it, just go with it. You'll be so glad you did :sweet:

Greetings! I give you few more months and you will be addicted to Lego too :wink:

while my train was the set I recall with most pride, the first large set I recall was a particular space ship. I can't imagine i find all the parts for it at my mothers place, so I'm currently bidding on it on eBay. But have to say that one my kids won't be taking apart. ;)

He is like his father. Don't do things by instructions - just by his mind. I have yet to make him build something out of the instructions. But he builds on something every day.

I won my childhood space ship (not with the original box. but i think i got it somewhere at home. I never trew away boxes back in the day), now this will be on display in my home office (if I manage to build my own back at one point by getting the parts i lack, my kid will have the one i bought ;):

d4e4o5g414p4n5x5m4g574a4u5l4a4p4e5c4v5k4m5u2434453r224w2t2w213s2q5i4b4y3x2r2s2l2v2x254.jpg

Whenever I'm allowed to write my own posts. I got questions regarding my city building (that however is for the kid) ;)