Combee

MOC: Space Marine Vignette

I loooove the new space marine minifigure introduced in Series 7 so I built a quick vignette for the squad I picked up last week. I thought it would be fun to light the scene up a bit so I included some of my light bricks (I didn't know I had so many :wacko: ). I also decided to switch up some of the weapons that they were holding to make it a little more varied. For the full set you can check out the Flickr gallery.

Your comments are appreciated!

6973935266_9199d427c2_z.jpg

6971317630_25bdddda4c_z.jpg

Bonus shot of the light brick setup :laugh:

7117394687_322c2b683b_z.jpg

On a related note: go vote for NickRoyer's awesome Space Marines project on Cuusoo so we can get more of these great minifigs!

Awesome job! :wub:

The light bricks really add a lot to this... not over shadows but just that little touch - I'm glad you went to the extra effort!

Also great selection of colours to go with the Dark Blue Galaxy patrols...

any thought of building more Vignettes?

Good to see these appearing in threads. I've managed to get five so far and am thinking of scenarios for them.

Very nice Vignette, Combee! I have picked up 3 of those Marines so far and thinking about doing some Starcraft - related builds with them. Your MOC definetely has a great sci-fi vibe going on! :thumbup:

I love it! I haven't been able to get any of these where I live yet, but I know I'll probably be shelling out a whole bunch for a complete platoon on Bricklink! Thanks for plugging my idea- I confess, the first thing I thought when I saw your MOC title was "Whoah! They're making MOCs from my theme already?" :tongue:

Thank you everyone for the positive comments! These new minifigs are great so I had to make a home for them :classic: One of the issues I had was that I wanted to use a lot of black in the color scheme for the build but when I took photos of it I feel that everything sort of blended together and I lost some of the details, I guess that's one of the detriments of using black as a primary color in builds?

Also great selection of colours to go with the Dark Blue Galaxy patrols...

any thought of building more Vignettes?

I'm working on a fantasy build at the moment that is going to be a bit larger than a vignette I think. Part of me wants to expand on this build because I think it would be cool to add some more structures and maybe some sort of little drop ship.

I love it! I haven't been able to get any of these where I live yet, but I know I'll probably be shelling out a whole bunch for a complete platoon on Bricklink! Thanks for plugging my idea- I confess, the first thing I thought when I saw your MOC title was "Whoah! They're making MOCs from my theme already?" :tongue:

Thanks! I know that when your idea finally hits 10k and they make the sets (because I think it's a sure thing that your idea will get approved!) I'll be sure to make an MOC that you can "officially" connect to your theme :laugh: