Sign in to follow this  
I Scream Clone

Quality control on Dark (Earth) Blue bricks?

Hi all,

Im curious to know if people are having colour issues when it comes to the quality of Dark (Earth) Blue bricks. I had heard off svelte_corps that on the initial runs of 10190, Market Street, there was considerable colour differences from brick to brick and was wondering if anyone had noticed this continuing or has it since been rectified?

I also remember a review on Green Grocer that mentioned the same quality control issues on the Sand Green bricks too.

Curious ISC

:sceptic:

I noticed a definite difference in the shade of some of my dark blue brick from Market street, and when I chanced upon some dark blue 1x2 elbows at a LEGO store PAB there were 2-3 distinct shades of dark blue. Not so much that I wouldn't mix them up in a MOC, but definitely more variation that should be acceptable from PAB. The 1x2 blue that I purchased from PAB online around the same time has a touch of variation, but barely.

I've only spoke to one person who owns the VW Bug kit and they didn't mention any color difference, but that doesn't mean it has been properly addressed.

Anyone with a Bug want to chime in about how the dark blue is in that kit?

I don't have either set (I do want the VW though) but I've had no issues with dark blue lately. I've got a bit from the recent Star Wars sets and it's all seemed good to me. I have more problem with the light grey these days; it looks sorta transparent, not as solid a colour it use to seem.

My only dark blue gripe is that the injection point tends to be varying shades of blue nearing white, so if it's in an obvious position, it really draws the eye right to it.

Oh, and I hate that no matter how hard you try, dark blue hats rarely look dark blue in pictures, but that's a personal problem. :tongue:

I have more problem with the light grey these days; it looks sorta transparent, not as solid a colour it use to seem.

A lot of colours are doing that lately, especially the lighter ones like tan.

Don't even get me started on how much yellow almost glows sometimes. :angry:

Cheers guys, thanks for the input on this issue of cosistant brick colours and injection points. I guess I will take my chances on ordering the 10190 as its still an awesome set. Besides they may have addressed the problem a little by now. :classic:

Oh, and I hate that no matter how hard you try, dark blue hats rarely look dark blue in pictures, but that's a personal problem. :tongue:

Giorgio Armani is never photographed wearing black as it makes you look washed out; instead he wears dark navy blue so it gives the impression he is wearing black even thought he isn't :wink:

I bought Market Street last year in December, and some 1x2 and 1x1 bricks are not as earth blue as they should be.

Cheers guys, thanks for the input on this issue of cosistant brick colours and injection points. I guess I will take my chances on ordering the 10190 as its still an awesome set. Besides they may have addressed the problem a little by now. :classic:

If you buy Market Street, don't hesitate to complain if you find some colour variations. I complained and got some bricks as replacements for free. Seems that TLC has not yet tackled the colour probem successfully. :sad:

I bought Market Street last year in December, and some 1x2 and 1x1 bricks are not as earth blue as they should be.

If you buy Market Street, don't hesitate to complain if you find some colour variations. I complained and got some bricks as replacements for free. Seems that TLC has not yet tackled the colour probem successfully. :sad:

Thanks, I had completely forgotten about the replacements parts order if there is a problem.

Cheers

I have both Market Street and the VW Beetle, and in both the colour isn't completely consistent. The Beetle has a number of large dark blue plates in the roof and they look lighter than the other parts. It's not too bad, but could be better.

Cheers,

Ralph