Sign in to follow this  
kc2dc

Check out my entire city layout!

Hopefully it's okay to post this here too. I posted it a few days ago in the trains section, but really wanted to show it to the town people too. I would love to hear any feedback, especially ideas on how to expand without taking too much away. The only think I can think of is to built a tunnel on the back and push back and move the houses to the top of the hill to free up some space on the ground level.

Pretty cool. Ferris wheel is a great way to add movement and height while fitting in nicely

To me the right hand harbour and airport don't really work. The absolutely enormous modern planes are just too big to really fit a city layout imo. Maybe have some flying over the layout on clear stands or fishing lines?

Pretty cool. Ferris wheel is a great way to add movement and height while fitting in nicely

To me the right hand harbour and airport don't really work. The absolutely enormous modern planes are just too big to really fit a city layout imo. Maybe have some flying over the layout on clear stands or fishing lines?

I do have planes hanging on fishing lines as though they are on approach to the runway. I do agree, the big planes are too much. I just always want to show everything, but that often just makes clutter. The corporate jet actually fits the runway perfectly so I think I will just take off the cargo and large passenger plane or build some extra taxiway space for them.

And I do agree, the ferris wheel really adds some nice height and movement. I'm going to motorize a tram and maybe get a helicopter rotor to revolve over near the airport to get some movement over there.

Thanks for the feedback!

I think your own hope is to knock out that back wall and build on another 5 meters.