fallentomato

Duplo Techniques?

I just got Dino Valley because it's so heavily discounted and the Dinosaurs and some other pieces looked cool. However, I'm now running into the problem that I don't know how to to connect the Duplo pieces up with the regular system pieces. Well that's not entirely true. I know the two basic techniques - that a 2x2 system brick can fit on top of a duplo stud or that a 1x2 Duplo base can fit on a 2x4 system plate/ brick etc. I also found that a 1x1 system round can rest inside (not a snug connection) a Duploe stud (used to great effect here). However there are a couple Duplo pieces that have a round 1x1 (Duplo) bottom. If it was square I would know what to do. I tried sticking a 1x1 round in there (way too skinny) and a mini-fig head (just too wide) but short of adding another huge Duplo piece on I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway to get to a system connection.

Any ideas? Or other cool Duplo-system connection techniques?

I realize now that pictures would be immensely helpful in this topic. Maybe when I get home tonight I'll add some.

Any ideas? Or other cool Duplo-system connection techniques?

I realize now that pictures would be immensely helpful in this topic. Maybe when I get home tonight I'll add some.

I am happy that there are out people who like as well connecting Duplo and system :classic: . I have used Duplo plane as base for my plane conversion into system compatible minifigure transport.

My other problem was baseplates - I wanted to use Duplo baseplates with system. For that these baseplates needed to be added Duplo plates on top of them. Some can be seen vaguely here. You see also that Duplo train tracks fit kind of on system baseplates if you use plates under there as fastening points.

Plant Prickly Bush (BL name) fits well on Duplo stud.

I like to use Duplo for more rough (harder for minifigures to travel on) terrain creation.

I'm going to watch this thread, as I'm curious about other ways to do incorporate Duplo into System. I use Duplo to support the clifftop/tunnel on my Brickington island layout. It's all standard connections of Duplo on top of traditional System Baseplates attached to the "roof" of the tunnel which is duplo bricks plugged into large brick basplates.

Duplo does wonders for creating supports that would take at least 4 times as many system bricks.

Wow, what a coincidence that this came up, because I've recently pulled out some of my childhood DUPLO for use in my MOCing. I've also run into a similar problem with with my chicken because there is a circular DUPLO stud below that prevents it from connecting to a 4x4 lego base. I've considered using LEGO plates or 1x1 studs to connect to the chicken around the circle, but I haven't tried that yet.

I also discovered that circular 1x1 bricks fit loosely into a DUPLO stud, but after that I proceeded to find that TECHNIC tubing fits in as well, but firmly. I've used it to connect a DUPLO piece upside down to one of my MOCs and it works quite well. I hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing what others come up with. :classic: