Sign in to follow this  
Guest Renderbricks

LEGO® La Stada VR Tour (Stereo)

Guest Renderbricks

Hello LEGO®-Fans,

please read my welcome message to know who am I. :-)

I recently have finished an interesting project where I render panorama pictures in stereo for a nice and unique immersive LEGO experience.

There's a link with a normal one-eye panorama tour for a browser on your PC. If you have a smartphone and a cardboard you simply use the other link in your smartphone's browser and I promise you that you will experience a LEGO model in a complete new way. There's also some nice athmo-sound embedded.

I am looking forward to your comments here and/or on YouTube. More exciting VR-LEGO is in progress.

Enjoy

Michael

Edited by Renderbricks

This is really interesting! I haven't seen a lot of discussion of how VR could be used in conjunction with Lego as a hobby, but it's really a great application of the technology. There aren't many other ways to get a "minifig's eye view" of a Lego model with that level of immersion!

I don't have Cardboard so I can't try it for myself, but the renders are good, the idea is quite interesting, and I wish you luck in this endeavor!

Just to let you LEGO guys know: my former account virtualrepublic has been renamed to Renderbricks because I was running two accounts.

Hey VirtualRepublic Renderbricks!

That VR looks fun. I can remember that someone else here on the forum, I believe bbqqq (but not sure), was also experimenting quite regularly a year ago or so with virtual reality (or at least interactive minifig-perspective images). Maybe you should dig into the forum a bit if you want to know more about that.

Maybe a bit off topic, but any chance you'll render a few nice images in 3440x1440? I've got a new monitor, so your old ones don't fit anymore :innocent2::grin:

Hi legolijntje,

what kind of images you like to have? ;-)

Oh, I don't really have anything specific in mind. Just some nice, funny, epic, amazing, whatever Lego related images :laugh: