Sign in to follow this  
ice dragon

How much money does Lego make on action figures?

Hello eurobrickers! I was wondering how much money Lego makes on action figures (mostly Hero factory). I was also wondering if after Hero Factory took out Bionicle have the sales in Lego action figures gone up or done. Input is very welcome :sweet:

I'll move this to the Action Figure Forum, where someone will be more likely to know any actual figures. (Pun not intended)

As far as I recall, Hero Factory has done just as well/better than BIONICLE, and TLG is not looking to cancel Hero Factory and bring back BIONICLE anytime soon, if that's what you were driving for.

TLG doesn't reveal the specifics of their sales, really. But neither Hero Factory nor BIONICLE has been as successful as TLG's main sellers City or Star Wars in many years. I believe in 2002 BIONICLE was either TLG's most successful product line or somewhere up there. But I don't think it ever quite matched 2002 sales, even if it was still a major money-maker for several years.

Hero Factory sets seem to be selling way better than Glatorian sets in here with 2.0 heroes actually getting hard to find a couple of months after they arrived and filled the stores. Other than that anecdotal evidence I don't really know.

Even good sales might not be good enough. Companies don't look for products that break even or even a continuous profit. Unless they keep making a greater profit with each quarter, they might shut down the Hero Factory Line.