Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Toyfair 2007 Bionicle Set Images

If I see any post with "idiot", "stupid" (referring to a person), or over exaggeration with 1337-speak, I'll have no choice but to remove posting abilities pending admin review. That is NOT acceptable, no matter how passionate you are about your point.

I fully concur !!

One more insult like this and its definite chamber time !! This shall not be tolerated any longer !!

Seriously guys, think for a moment, we are all here to discuss Lego, a kids toy !! and not to bash each others !! So be respectfull of others !! I do not like bionicle or Exo Force lines but you don't see me flame people who do !!

*yoda*

Sorry, I left out a crucial 'not' in there on accident.

<<DV>>

:-D
Because these are things that with no firsthand experience with, you could never truly understand or appreciate.
Oh well, I missed out on appreciating MOCs. I can appreciate life though, since I have experienced it.

I have MOCed anyway, so I have, uh, experienced how parts can be used in different ways. I'm just not big on it. :-/

Go ahead and tell me how this is built. Do it. Since the construction is so very visible when you look at it, tell me how it's built. Step-by-step. I really want to see how you'd build the torsos in the humanoid MOCs.
I said completely visible, did I? I can see the main bits, but I agree torsos are usually more involved and require pics of the interiors to see how they're built. So if you're so much better than me, why don't you tell me how they're built? I doubt even with your abilities at MOCing you can see through parts.

Oh, I own the UCS Death Star II, if that counts as anything.

Neither am I, mate ;)
Yey. :-)

Rather I am not against BIONICLE itself; I am a 7-year veteran member who has dedicated countless hours to the toys and BIONICLE world; the only difference between you and I is that I have no use for the current Bionicle storyline or primary fanbase.

Anyway, DV, all I can say is spare yer energy; after all, Clonies favorite 2007 set is Pridak :P

Edited by Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

I can see the main bits, but I agree torsos are usually more involved and require pics of the interiors to see how they're built. So if you're so much better than me, why don't you tell me how they're built? I doubt even with your abilities at MOCing you can see through parts.

True, he can't. But when trying to emulate something you don't understand, one often finds a completely new way of doing it, sometimes with better results.

I have MOCed anyway, so I have, uh, experienced how parts can be used in different ways. I'm just not big on it.

And that's okay. More power to ya.

You do have to admit though, just by the nature of Lego parts, that there's also a large mocing community who shouldn't be forgotten when a set's part design / inventory is considered. We eagerly await to see new sets and the parts they hold... though newer Bionicle sets leave a good deal of us with not much reason to purchase them. (And we want them to. Here's the money in my hand! Gimme!)

Oh yeah, I own and have built the UCS Death Star II, did I mention that? :-)

Shall I dig out the chat logs that prove otherwise? :P
Well, he may have been my favorite at one point, but he ain't now. X-D
You do have to admit though, just by the nature of Lego parts, that there's also a large mocing community who shouldn't be forgotten when a set's part design / inventory is considered. We eagerly await to see new sets and the parts they hold... though newer Bionicle sets leave a good deal of us with not much reason to purchase them. (And we want them to. Here's the money in my hand! Gimme!)
Ya, that's true. But what I find funny is how these master MOCers whose abilities exceed any mortal being are stumped at parts like Piraka torsos, which even I can see multiple uses for.

See, Jinzo knows how to argue without calling anyone stupid.

Edited by Clonie

Ya, that's true. But what I find funny is how these master MOCers whose abilities exceed any mortal being are stumped at parts like Piraka torsos, which even I can see multiple uses for.

Anyone can be a master MOCer if they put the time and effort in (and practice!). And of course uses for those pieces have been found, however not nearly enough to justify their existence. Sure they can be used for a few things, however they don't have the versatility that smaller pieces do, or pieces with simply more connection points. Their proportions aren't even really carefully measured. With system bricks everything is very carefully made, and that's how so many unique and strange connections are still being found, large hulking molds just don't have that versatility, they can perform a handful of functions, whereas smaller or more intricate bits can far outperform them

If being a master MOCer buying 5000 Onus claws, 2500 black Haus and 4000 tyres, or making things that need canisters to stay up, I'll pass.

If being a master MOCer buying 5000 Onus claws, 2500 black Haus and 4000 tyres, or making things that need canisters to stay up, I'll pass.

Where are you getting that from? True, the larger MOCs tend to be fairly parts intensive, but I've seen plenty of MOCs that, as Jinzo said, use the same number as an ordinary set, and still manage to impress.

Where are you getting that from? True, the larger MOCs tend to be fairly parts intensive, but I've seen plenty of MOCs that, as Jinzo said, use the same number as an ordinary set, and still manage to impress.
I got it from DV's pics, to be honest. But I guess he was trying to prove that I can't see through parts.

I doubt any canister-sized MOC will impress Master MOCers, but then, I don't care if they're not impressed. :-/

I got it from DV's pics, to be honest. But I guess he was trying to prove that I can't see through parts.

I doubt any canister-sized MOC will impress Master MOCers, but then, I don't care if they're not impressed. :-/

You'd be surprised, some of the most inventive and celebrated bionicle-related MOCs are the small ones that manage to be inventive and have a lot of function, while being really, really small!

You'd be surprised, some of the most inventive and celebrated bionicle-related MOCs are the small ones that manage to be inventive and have a lot of function, while being really, really small!
If they'd be impressed at something with less than 5000 parts, then yes, I would be surprised. X-D

:-D Oh well, I missed out on appreciating MOCs. I can appreciate life though, since I have experienced it.

I have MOCed anyway, so I have, uh, experienced how parts can be used in different ways. I'm just not big on it. :-/ I said completely visible, did I? I can see the main bits, but I agree torsos are usually more involved and require pics of the interiors to see how they're built. So if you're so much better than me, why don't you tell me how they're built? I doubt even with your abilities at MOCing you can see through parts.

I think he can, considering he built one of them.

And what does that prove? All it proves is that he can tell me how to build sets that he's built himself, as anyone can.

And what does that prove? All it proves is that he can tell me how to build sets that he's built himself, as anyone can.

Well you ASKED if he knew how they're built...I think the fact that he built one answers that nicely :-D

Does anyone mind if I try to redirect the topic?

So, with all at the standard sets released, we're waiting patiently for the special editions. Any you'll buy buying?

I'm thinking Lesovikk to aid in my MOCing. :P

Actually, I built two of them. :P

<<DV>>

Well you ASKED if he knew how they're built...I think the fact that he built one answers that nicely :-D

That's not the point, of course he can tell me how they're built if he built them, the point was if he could actually see more than I could about how a MOC is constructed from one pic, which I doubt he could.

So... no argument back from DV? That's disappointing.

That's not the point, of course he can tell me how they're built if he built them, the point was if he could actually see more than I could about how a MOC is constructed from one pic, which I doubt he could.

So... no argument back from DV? That's disappointing.

Okay, let me say something. This is NOT a place for arguing! If you can't have a semi-civil debate then you can't do it here.

Secondly just as I told DV about his comments that were out of line, I'm going to tell you that you need to stop. Clearly if he can build them he's experienced enough with techniques that he CAN build something like that from one pic. Clearly each MOC will have some unique technique or two, but you can easily replicate something while modifying one or two small things. If you can't accept that, fine, but don't go on about it :-|

Now Lord Thrawn was right, let's please try to get back on topic...

Does anyone mind if I try to redirect the topic?

So, with all at the standard sets released, we're waiting patiently for the special editions. Any you'll buy buying?

I'm thinking Lesovikk to aid in my MOCing. :P

Special editions are nice when there's truly something special about them.

I doubt I'd buy a special set if there was merely one different colored part, but a whole different color scheme might get me goin'.

Truth be told though, I'm STILL waiting for my Walmart to get in Nocturn.

Their Lego section is... ailing.