Sign in to follow this  
The Joker1

LEGO 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape.

Great review! I must say, Iron Man looks pretty neat, but I think they did a "dark red overload" on him. The dark red parts are nice, but really, I think they should have made his hands gold.

As for his armour problems, you can use some standard TLC armour or get some custom armour.

I'll be hoping to get this set along with the chopper and the cap set.

Edited by has a differing opinion

Great review! I must say, Iron Man looks pretty neat, but I think they did a "dark red overload" on him. The dark red parts are nice, but really, I think they should have made his hands gold.

As for his armour problems, you can use some standard TLC armour or get some custom armour.

I'll be hoping to get this set along with the chopper and the cap set.

I think you may be right their is a little too much dark red on him. I may take the hands off one of my old c-3p0s and put them on him. I can take a picture if you like to see what the gold hands look like on him. :classic:

I think you may be right their is a little too much dark red on him. I may take the hands off one of my old c-3p0s and put them on him. I can take a picture if you like to see what the gold hands look like on him. :classic:

Yes please, thanks.

Similarly, the head doesn't look that big, and even so, it folds up. With all those lasers and gears, it must get very stuffy. :tongue:

I wonder what the Cosmic Cube is anyway (?).

I think the cosmic cube is what loki was holding in the last picture.

Yes please, thanks.

Similarly, the head doesn't look that big, and even so, it folds up. With all those lasers and gears, it must get very stuffy. :tongue:

Here we go a couple of pics. If their are any other pictures you would like just ask. :classic:

7057604335_883d544fa4_z.jpg

lego marvel 001 by Joker 789, on Flickr

6911520708_2d619ef73a_z.jpg

lego marvel 003 by Joker 789, on Flickr

It dosent look as good as I had hoped so I think I will keep mine red. I would love to hear other peoples opinions about which they like best. :classic:

7057604335_883d544fa4_z.jpg

lego marvel 001 by Joker 789, on Flickr

6911520708_2d619ef73a_z.jpg

lego marvel 003 by Joker 789, on Flickr

It dosent look as good as I had hoped so I think I will keep mine red. I would love to hear other peoples opinions about which they like best. :classic:

Since his hands are red in the films I don't think it works much. But it does look nice. I think LEGO could have printed on Iron-Man's arms as well as they look like they need it.

Here we go a couple of pics. If their are any other pictures you would like just ask. :classic:

*snip*

I'm fine with keeping mine red, this just makes him look like he's wearing a T-shirt. :laugh:

I'm fine with keeping mine red, this just makes him look like he's wearing a T-shirt. :laugh:

Thats true it does. :laugh: From now on mine are staying red. :thumbup:

Just got done building this. The truck is surprising cool. It's not overly large like the Dino lines are(I know they need to be bigger due to their cargo). It has a trophy truck type of look. And Ironman is really cool! The final product is awesome, I think I found my new favorite figure.

I have to wait till the end of may to get this if I want the exclusive Hulk figure :cry_sad:

cute lego

Welcome to Eurobricks. We'd all appreciate a little more effort in posts. Explain what you think is "cute". Elaborate a bit. A post should add to a discussion. Meanwhile also take care with your capitalization and punctuation. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure this is the set that will tip me over into buying all of them. Which is probably why TLG spread out the characters the way they did. Bless their plastic little hearts.

I remember when I first saw the LEGO Batman, I thought the cowl/pointy earness of him was way oversized, and looked ridiculous...but I couldn't resist buying him. Now I think he looks like LEGO Batman "should" look. I'm hoping Iron Man's helmet/mask grow on me the same way. Right now I'm in the "it looks oversized and somewhat silly" camp, and I don't know that it was necessary to do the flip-up mask...hopefully having the toy and playing with it for a while will ease me into acceptance.

Whatever. I'm buying it. Hopefully in about an hour. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure this is the set that will tip me over into buying all of them. Which is probably why TLG spread out the characters the way they did. Bless their plastic little hearts.

I remember when I first saw the LEGO Batman, I thought the cowl/pointy earness of him was way oversized, and looked ridiculous...but I couldn't resist buying him. Now I think he looks like LEGO Batman "should" look. I'm hoping Iron Man's helmet/mask grow on me the same way. Right now I'm in the "it looks oversized and somewhat silly" camp, and I don't know that it was necessary to do the flip-up mask...hopefully having the toy and playing with it for a while will ease me into acceptance.

Whatever. I'm buying it. Hopefully in about an hour. :thumbup:

I had the exact same reservations about Batman, and I agree that he ended up looking fine how he is.

Most of the pictures I see of Iron Man don't look too flattering but, much like Batman, there's just something about the figure once you have him in hand. I think he looks great. I'd still like a standard, printed head Iron Man as seen in the Toy Fair promos at some point but I'm pretty happy with the Avengers Iron Man.

This set is definitely worth a second look. Despite having Loki, the set is good. The truck is actually quite cool. I don't think the pictures/box art do it justice. While theres no 'exclusive' fig that makes it worth having, threes an Ironman variant.

or why not put a modified space marine armour on him of course you would need to paint it but I think it works quite well

7045905943_d1e5effc46.jpg

Paint it dark red, but a trans-clear round 1x1 tile on the front and it'll be perfect :wub:

Paint it dark red, but a trans-clear round 1x1 tile on the front and it'll be perfect :wub:

That sounds like a great idea. You would still need to sand down the shoulders though.