Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #46: Product Testing

"Xander, I don't want to take the chance and get KO'd this battle, so could you use a Grand Potion on me while I repeat my action?"

"Maybe I should heal you. Don't waste a grand potion, I can heal you for 1 ether."

If Althior agrees, he heals him, if not, he attacks Inky again.

"Maybe I should heal you. Don't waste a grand potion, I can heal you for 1 ether."

If Althior agrees, he heals him, if not, he attacks Inky again.

"I have a better idea. I'll set up a decoy this round while you two go after Inky. Even if my healing fails, there's no chance that I'll be KO'd." Althior sets up a Decoy and Heals himself.

"I have a better idea. I'll set up a decoy this round while you two go after Inky. Even if my healing fails, there's no chance that I'll be KO'd." Althior sets up a Decoy and Heals himself.

Alexandre attacks Inky, back row of course.

"Do you think we should save the decoy for later rounds in case we face more than three enemies? It is your decision, but if that is what you want to do then I will attack Inky from the back row."

Battle Order:

Althior

Xander

Alex

Round Six of Spin n' Shambler Showdown

>Althior sets up skeleton decoy

>Althior heals himself: Heal Less (19 health restored to self, -1 ether)

>Xander VS Ink Shambler (back): Shield: Marking the Favored (29-8=21 damage/2=10 damage) Xander, would you like to mark the Ink Shambler?

>Alex VS Ink Shambler (back): Hit (8+15=23/2=11)

Althior assembles the skeleton decoy, piecing together the various bones to create a humanoid skeleton. he proceeds to heal himself, restoring 19 HP to himself. Xander, without the lavender pill's side effects clouding his mind, now has the choice to mark the Ink Shambler. Alexandre sinks his blade into the Shamblers torso, seemingly not htting anything vital. The Spin Djinn certainly isn't the sharpest knife in the draw: he eagerly uses his free hit to attack the decoy.

The battle rages on...

Cb46c.png "...yOU'rE nOt toO bRight, dJinN, aRe yOU?"

Ink Shambler, Level 16 Demon

HP: 894/1000

SP: 8

Specials:

Death Note: Uses his inky form to write a demonic incantation. If the incantation is not destroyed in the next two rounds, it will detonate, knocking out the hero who rolled special damage!

Censor: Choke-holds the hero who rolled special damage in his inky arms, doing 10 damage regardless of row or SP, badly poisons them, and seals them. Each effect lasts until the battle ends, is remedied, or removed for 7 ether.

Special decided by dice roll.

Drops: 30 gold

Putqd.png "Whaddya talkin' about, inky?!"

Spin Djinn, Level 15 Flying Monster

HP: 546/750

SP: 15

Specials:

Spin Doctor: releases a healing cloud, restoring 70 HP to itself and it's allies.

Huff and Puff and: Blow you away! Releases a torrent of wind, hitting every hero for 12 damage regardless of row/SP, and forces them all to attack from the back row next round.

The Party:

xander_hunter.jpgXander Unth'or (posades) *Party Leader!*

24 year-old male human Hunter

Level 16 *Immune to Blindness and Fragile*

Power: 29 (16+11+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 17/29 (8+15+6)

Ether: 0/0

Gold: 22

Equipment: Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow or a crossbow, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)

Inventory: Horse (WP: 1, grants speed within quests), Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Potion(2), Grand Potion, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpgAlthior Emorith (And Finnegan) *Fever!* *Hastened!*

32 years old male human

Level: 19.5 Sage

Power: 34 (19 + 10 + Spellbound gloves)

Defense: 4 (Cloak)

Health: 21/29

Ether: 22/25

Gold: 0

Equipment: Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, Dual Strike), Spellbound Gloves (+5 power when casting Spells, doubled if target is weak to Element), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP 4),

Inventory: Dragoro (WP 8), Skeleton Decoy, Potion, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Remedy, Horse, Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

kXLOZ.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul) *Immunity!*

Level 15 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 23

Defense: 13

Health: 23/35

Ether: 15/15

Gold: 10

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Decoy: 5/20 HP

Althior sends two wind spells in the direction of the Djinn from the back row.

Alexandre swings his sword at Inky front row.[/i]

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

With the effects of the pill gone, Xander was able to locate the weakness of his target, marking demon type monsters. He then refocused on the Djinn, attacking it from the back row.

Battle Order:

Althior

Xander

Alex

Edited by posades

QM Note: Althior, I didn't realize a Sage's miss restores them ether, so I'm giving you two ether back this round instead of 1 to compensate for your other "miss".

Round Six of Spin n' Shambler Showdown

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Hit (19+10+10=39x2=78-15=63 damage)

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Meditate (Restores 1 ether)

>Xander VS Spin Djinn (back): Damage

>Alex VS Ink Shambler (front): Damage

Althior lets a wind spell loose, the spiraling ball of energy crashing into the Wind Djinn's torso, sending him staggering backwards. Althior then meditates to restore any ether he expended while casting the spell. It seems Xander's fortune had run out with the pill effects, as the Spin Djinn zooms over and shanks him in the shoulder. Alexandre, who seems to have a personal vendetta against "inky", dashes towards the shambling doomsayer. He is swatted away by his inky, whip-like arms, landing on his rear. His shield absorbed most of the blow, but some ink still managed to seep through and sting him.

The battle rages on! The ink Shambler still stands proudly, while the Spin Djinn is beginning to pant...

Cb46c.png "dAmned sHield."

HP: 894/1000

Specials:

Death Note: Uses his inky form to write a demonic incantation. If the incantation is not destroyed in the next two rounds, it will detonate, knocking out the hero who rolled special damage!

Censor: Choke-holds the hero who rolled special damage in his inky arms, doing 10 damage regardless of row or SP, badly poisons them, and seals them. Each effect lasts until the battle ends, is remedied, or removed for 7 ether.

Putqd.png "C'mon, Inky, help me out here!"

HP: 483/750

Specials:

Spin Doctor: releases a healing cloud, restoring 70 HP to itself and it's allies.

Huff and Puff and: Blow you away! Releases a torrent of wind, hitting every hero for 12 damage regardless of row/SP, and forces them all to attack from the back row next round.

The Party:

Level 16 *Immune to Blindness and Fragile* Marking Demon Type enemies

Health: 14/29 (8+15+6)

Equipment: Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow or a crossbow, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)

Inventory: Horse (WP: 1, grants speed within quests), Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Potion(2), Grand Potion, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

32 years old male human

Health: 21/29

Ether: 23/25

Equipment: Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, Dual Strike), Spellbound Gloves (+5 power when casting Spells, doubled if target is weak to Element), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP 4),

Inventory: Dragoro (WP 8), Skeleton Decoy, Potion, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Remedy, Horse, Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

Health: 20/35

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Decoy: 17/20 HP

Edited by Endgame

Xander attacks the Djinn from the back row, hoping for better results this time.

Battle Order:

Althior

Xander

Alex

Edited by posades

QM Note: Going to give Althior 2-3 more hours until I run this.

QM Note: Going to give Althior 2-3 more hours until I run this.

Sorry. I thought I posted. :blush:

Althior attacks the Djinn with two wind spells from the back row.

Round Seven of Spin n' Shambler Showdown

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Meditate (1 ether restored)

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Shield (Magic Vortex: 29 HP healed to party, 10+19+5=34-8=26 damage to Shambler, 10+19+10=39x2=78-15=63 damage to Djinn)

>Xander VS Spin Djinn (back): Miss Hit: 14 damage

>Alex VS Ink Shambler (front): Critical Hit: (8x2=16+15=31 damage)

Althior meditates on the battle at hand. Deep in thought (for once, as Finnegan might say :tongue: ) he releases a Magic Vortex. Xander draws an arrow and releases it, the arrow getting wedged in a crevice in the Spin Djinn's armor. Alex dodges the Shambler's tentacles, and cuts off the tip of one with his SP-slicing sword.

Cb46c.png "mY aRM...?!?"

HP: 837/1000

Specials:

Putqd.png "*pant, pant* Not... bad..."

HP: 420/750

Specials:

The Party:

Health: 29/29 (8+15+6)

32 years old male human

Health: 24/29

Ether: 24/25

Health: 35/35

Edited by Endgame

Since the magical vortex healed us all and I didn't take any more damage, shouldn't I be at 24 HP?

Althior repeats his action.

Since the magical vortex healed us all and I didn't take any more damage, shouldn't I be at 24 HP?

Althior repeats his action.

QM Note: Nice catch, fixed.

By the way, i would autoplay this battle, but Althior has a fever and Xander may or may not want to target the marked Shambler, so, yeah. :blush: If you want me to start auto-playing, give me the heads-up. :classic:

OOC: I'd be fine autoplaying until something crazy happens. :tongue:

Xander decides to switch his focus to Inky, attacking from the back row and hoping for a quick resolution to the battle. "If anything happens to me Althior, I trust you can remedy the situation."

Battle Order:

Althior

Alex

Xander

I'm fine with auotplaying until my HP is lower than 12 or so.

Alexandre looks at Inky in satisfaction. "You're a bit shorthanded aren't you?" :snicker:

Alexandre attacks Inky, front row.

Round Eight of Spin n' Shambler Showdown

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Damage (4 damage)

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Meditate (+1 ether)

>Xander VS Ink Shambler (back): Miss[/i] Hit (29x3=87-8=79 damage!)

>Alex VS Ink Shambler (front): Special Damage (Death Note!)

Cocky over his last magic vortex, he attempts to summon it again, only for the Djinn to shank him midspell. He sits down for some meditation, restoring 1 ether. Xander pulls an arrow back... and fires! His precision triples the amount of pain given to the Shambler. As the inky beast moans and groans over the arrow poking out of it's chest, it notices Alexandre laughing over his crippled arm. With a devilish cackle, it writes (with some difficulty) an ancient incantation on the floor. As he draws, it begins to hum and moan. When he is finished, the sound of vitriol can be heard emitting from the Death Note.

Cb46c.png "yOu mAke a PUn, i KIll yOU wiTH deMONic maGicks. fAIr is faIr."

HP: 758/1000

Specials:

Putqd.png "Stay back, you stupid Sage!"

HP: 420/750

Specials:

Death Note, Level 9999999 Demon "DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE"

HP: 113/113

SP: 5

Turns til' Detonation: 2

QM Note: Rolls of Special Damage and Damage will simply be counted as "Miss". Does not get free hits.

The Party:

Health: 29/29 (8+15+6)

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) *Fever!* *Hastened!*

32 years old male human

Health: 15/29

Ether: 25/25

kXLOZ.png Alexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul) *Immunity!*

Health: 35/35

Edited by Endgame

"Everyone pray I roll Sentinel before it blows!" :laugh_hard: "Everyone target the deathnote. I suggest putting me first in battle order to absorb the free hits. I'll personally heal the damage any of us get."

Death note, front row.!

:facepalm:I wanna use a smoke bomb.

"Everyone pray I roll Sentinel before it blows!" :laugh_hard: "Everyone target the deathnote. I suggest putting me first in battle order to absorb the free hits. I'll personally heal the damage any of us get."

Death note, front row.!

:facepalm:I wanna use a smoke bomb.

QM Note: Nothing can stop the blast from instant KO, not even a Guardian Angel. Sorry, should've specified that. :blush:

Oh, and I'm aware. :tongue:

QM Note: Nothing can stop the blast from instant KO, not even a Guardian Angel. Sorry, should've specified that. :blush:

Oh, and I'm aware. :tongue:

Does my Special Guard give me the fifty fifty chance from getting the deathnote? It IS kind of a negative effect...

pleasebealoopholepleasebealoopholepleasebealoophole

Does my Special Guard give me the fifty fifty chance from getting the deathnote? It IS kind of a negative effect...

pleasebealoopholepleasebealoopholepleasebealoophole

QM: Knock Out isn't your average a negative effect, sorry. Notice how your immunity pill doesn't also isn't Knock Out insured. :classic:

QM: Knock Out isn't your average a negative effect, sorry. Notice how your immunity pill doesn't also isn't Knock Out insured. :classic:

I know, but the guard has the fifty fifty chance of protecting me from the special, correct?