lightningtiger

MOC - Shell Service Station

Looking great LT, Very nicely detailed as usual mate, I really like the fridge

what about if you put in a magazine stand under the front window, a snack aisle, or a Mr cool ice freezer and a Swap and Go gas cage out the front? They are at every servo/roadhouse we pass, we use them when going to our farm but we are moving onto the 100 lbs bottles this week..

Edited by TanTile

Looking great LT, Very nicely detailed as usual mate, I really like the fridge

what about if you put in a magazine stand under the front window, a snack aisle, or a Mr cool ice freezer and a Swap and Go gas cage out the front? They are at every servo/roadhouse we pass, we use them when going to our farm but we are moving onto the 100 lbs bottles this week..

I'm not going to really add any more inside except maybe that blank wall display.....now a Swap & Go eh ? maybe......ice box ? maybe ! :wink:

Comments still welcome as to suggestions as well ! :grin:

Keep watching ! :grin:

Thanks 'LCM' for your kind words, I look forward to your creation being posted......oh, by the way I'll be building a toilet block hopefully tomorrow.

Keep on watching everyone ! :classic:

Excellent MOC lightningtiger, it looks like a real service station both on the inside and on the outside. I particularly like the interior, it is detailed and realistic and the stickers used inside it work well. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Amazing, LightningTiger! Simply stunning!

I love the Shell color scheme, and you made it even better - the white floor just makes everything else shine.

As usual, there are so many details that's impossible not to spend a good time just looking for every little thing you put there. The interior of this station is just amazing - from the counter to the Coke fridge to the clock to the table and then you reach the pies... I was stunned when I saw those! The blue 'windows' just added so much detail to the overall snack place...

The stickers add another level entirely - while one can get the MOC by its colors and architecture, the stickers add such realism to the MOC that it really feels alive.

Outside there's a lot of space... What about a small parking lot space over the studs? Something simple, as befits a servive station. Just my two cents ;)

Thanks 'Artifex' for your kind comments :classic: , and that stud look along the side of the Shell sign......Prime movers are very wide vehicles to park and fuel up at a roadhouse - the grey studs is basically gravel....the flat grey surface is highly compacted gravel or just standard road surface ! :wink:

More to come.....keep watching tomorrow ! :wink:

0000_1_shell_servo_80.jpg

I decided to fill the gap in the front with still enough clearance for large trucks etc., to be fueled up.

Comments and suggestions still welcome......keep on watching ! :grin:

Great progress LT! :laugh:

I like the new Shell logo, fit perfectly in your MOC :thumbup:

The inner little bar is too nice to be real ...I mean I want it in my collection! :wub:

The mixed colors red white and yellow are fantastic! The red refrigerator is awesome!

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Thanks 'LEGO 12 Volt Trains' for your comments, I'll be adding the toilet and shower block shortly once designed properly !

Keep on suggesting and watching ! :grin:

Let's look at this again in a different light so to speak eh ? :wink:

0000_1_shell_servo_76.jpg0000_1_shell_servo_77.jpg0000_1_shell_servo_78.jpg0000_1_shell_servo_79.jpg

In natural light I feel it looks even more realistic ! :wink:

Comments and suggestions still welcome - keep on watching ! :grin:

I was sure you would be selling Vegamite behind the counter... :tongue:

Seriously, it looks great, LT. Are you looking to add a garage off the side of this building? Or is that more of a US deal, convenience store and service station combo?

I was sure you would be selling Vegamite behind the counter... :tongue:

Seriously, it looks great, LT. Are you looking to add a garage off the side of this building? Or is that more of a US deal, convenience store and service station combo?

Thanks 'drevim' for your comments, Vegemite (no A in it :laugh: ) is sold in the IGA grocery store.....truckies only eat Vegemite when they visit their mother's ! :laugh:

No garage and it's more of a typical roadhouse diner service station......more to come shortly keep on watching ! :grin:

I still feel a bit off but yet again I decided to build the toilet block.....oh, please forgive the photography - poor lighting.

0000_2_shell_servo_60.jpg0000_2_shell_servo_61.jpg

I still have a few small things to do it yet, with then better photos....comments etc., welcome still....keep on watching ! :grin:

Better lighting conditions and some additions mean.....

0000_2_shell_servo_55.jpg0000_2_shell_servo_56.jpg0000_2_shell_servo_57.jpg

Now while the servo owner was doing this......

0000_2_shell_servo_59.jpg

The young girl in the diner changes radio stations.......'I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hanging.....' yeah, she likes Lady Gaga ! :wink:

0000_2_shell_servo_58.jpg

Comments always welcome and Brick On everyone ! :grin:

Thanks 'LEGO Train 12 Volts', even though I'm 43 I watch Channel V and MTV Hits a lot now days and the latest from Gaga is her finest work !

A split chiller unit, I'm assuming the red and black section on the rear of the servo.....air conditioning it is. No other ideas or suggestions for the roadhouse at the moment ? :wink:

Servo looks great, nice shower block.

Good to see you around. I was starting to wonder if you'd fallen off the planet, with being upside down in the down under.

Welcome Back, Happy Belated Birthday.

~LCM

P.S. My Servo is finished and psted and I just finished some MAJOR renovations to my Bank and Arcade that will go up sometime soon.

Thanks 'LCM', actually I haven't put any showers in yet, just a trough to go one's in ! :grin:

I can't wait to see your servo and other improvements to your town 'LCM'.....oh, thanks also for the Bday wish ! :sweet:

Starting work on the shopping centre rebuild right now.

Brick On ! :grin:

Another superb building :thumbup:

The only problem is that for a garage in the UK the toilets are way too clean and shinny. It's given me an idea of what to do with all those cracked discoloured white bricks that I have

Great build lightningtiger! The detail is mindblowing! I'm also in the process of building myself a gas station, mainly based on old mate 6378 but with both Octan and Shell pumps/signs, it's looking a bit off though due to my bad colour choice.