Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Defining the Haven Guard (or whatever their name turns out to be)

Defining the Haven Guard  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should the faction name be?

• Haven Guard
    • Company Guards
    • The Revenue
    • Colonial Guard
    • Other
  2. 2. What colour should the torsos be?

• Orange
    • Green
    • Black

I'll jump in and voice my opinion. Brickhaven Guard does sound pretty good. Not too wordy, especially if it was marketed towards children, I believe you said something similar, Mister Phes. While Port Van Brickhaven certainly sounds cooler, more refined and has a more historical connotation, would kids really enjoy that? Of course children will play what ever they desire but if there is a story, it might be easier with a simplified name.

Brickhaven Guard or The Revenue, which is a very nice name. I voted for Haven Guard just for a placeholder/desire for Brickhaven. I also voted orange as well, it would be a nice color to have along with the Redcoats and Bluecoats.

Edited for adding my vote.

Edited by KingoftheZempk

I think the guards should be dark green. Uniforms at the time were more colorful but orange isn´t really appealing or militaristic enough and meshes too strong with the yellow skin of minifigs for my taste while black isn´t really a color at all, fits the merchants and pirates better and doesn´t fit the period that well although I don´t doubt that there were some black coated soldiers.

Green would add a nice diversity to the existing uniforms, even though the Armada from the 90s had one soldier with green clothing it is a very different design and could be further differentiated with dark green instead of the regular green. It would also be nice for the napoleonic wars crowd since green uniforms were worn by prussian soldiers, I believe while the dutch weren´t nearly as active or notable.

I seriously never heard of orange uniforms during this time period before this thread. I am not a big enthusiast of 1800s military but this whole ordeal feels and reminds me of the Star Wars clone troopers where the clones with the most screen time and story relevance were the blue suited 501st Legion under Anakin Skywalkers command that followed him in countless episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon and very prominently in the games and Revenge of the Sith but Lego only made them in 2013 while we got the yellow 327th Star corp, red Coruscant Shock troopers, lime green Horn Company troopers, wine red 91st Reconnaissance corps clones and many more in the 8 intervening years when all of these troops only ever appeared for one minute in one scene in one movie doing absolutely nothing.