JeffCopp

Hello from CT, USA

Hello everyone on EB.

My name is Jeff and I have spent a good month or so reading posts on the forum and being a lot happier that there are more AFOL than I thought. Like most of the people I have read about, I was a fan of lego in my early teenage years, lost interest, became broke and sold most of my collection (which makes me wish someone would let me borrow a Delorean for just a day to prevent myself from doing that - both of them), finished college, got married, had a little girl, and reassembled what remained of my collection...

...and my daughter can't get enough of all 4 of those sets.

Her enthusiasm at 3 years old and my penchant for nostalgia has reignited my interest in lego. I ended up recently reacquiring some sets I used to have and a few that I never had. My theme of interest has always been the classic pirates. Imagine my let-down when all I had left in my collection from my teenage years was Cannon Cove and 2x Pirates' Plunder (all missing a few minor pieces too!)

But with my daughter's excitement, I received in the mail the first two of three major purchases and I have never seen her more excited. My wife noted that we spent 5 hours straight minus bathroom and food breaks putting together all 7 sets including the classic Imperial Flagship and Lagoon Lock-up. She has not seen her (and me for that matter) that excited in a long time.

But enough about me and some recent history. As I mentioned, I have spent a month reading all your forum posts, looking at MOCs, reading reviews, and just being plain happy that I wasn't "weird" for being a grown man who enjoys lego.

I look forward to interacting with all of you (mostly on the pirate forum, arrrrrr...)!

Good to have You with us Jeff

Yeah, a lot of dream about Delorean and went trough a similir path :laugh:

Check out Pirate Forum as there's Tournament of Retribution going on. Pick up the site - I man the right Blue site - that You will support with blood & powder :wink:

Welcome to Eurobricks :thumbup: Enjoy.