Sign in to follow this  
mutex

12V Train question (rubber bands)

Hello everybody. For my christmas I took some time to rebuild a layout with my oooold 7740 Electric inter city train

I'm quite happy since it still works like a charm.. or nearly... The motor and tracks are ok but the rubber bands that assure frictions with the tracks are quite dry and break as soon as you touch them. So my train can't barely move with 1 or 2 wagons.

So my question is quite simple : is there and alternative to such rubber bands like ultra common rubber bands or a trick to make it work like the old days ?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Hello everybody. For my christmas I took some time to rebuild a layout with my oooold 7740 Electric inter city train

I'm quite happy since it still works like a charm.. or nearly... The motor and tracks are ok but the rubber bands that assure frictions with the tracks are quite dry and break as soon as you touch them. So my train can't barely move with 1 or 2 wagons.

So my question is quite simple : is there and alternative to such rubber bands like ultra common rubber bands or a trick to make it work like the old days ?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Look on Patricks legotreinen site

Yes there are alternatives

look on the link: train rimbs

it is a good alternative.

greats Pat.

Ik verkoop zo'n bandjes

de mensen die besteld hebben zijn

zeer tevreden.

groetjes Pat.

Look on Patricks legotreinen site

Yes there are alternatives

look on the link: train rimbs

it is a good alternative.

greats Pat.

Ik verkoop zo'n bandjes

de mensen die besteld hebben zijn

zeer tevreden.

groetjes Pat.

Thanks for the info *y* , I'll first check if I can find an alternative by myself, like in a store or around me

Thanks for the info *y* , I'll first check if I can find an alternative by myself, like in a store or around me

I have found a very small section bicycle inner tube which I cut pieces from to make tires for my 12V trains. Unfortunately the band is just a little loose but putting two bands on works perfectly!