Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #36: The Voracious Vault

Erik quickly closes the door, and turns to the spiders. "What about the other doors? Do you know what's through them? We were hired to kill those beasts, so eventually we will be going through and killing them, but it wouldn't hurt to get free loot first."

"Eeep, don't do THAT! The last human in here was much nicer..."

"But the last person in here did not last too long, did he? ...Or was it a 'she'?" Anyway, I try the other door to the left of this one.

Erik quickly closes the door, and turns to the spiders. "What about the other doors? Do you know what's through them? We were hired to kill those beasts, so eventually we will be going through and killing them, but it wouldn't hurt to get free loot first."

Nu8hG.png

"The other two doors are locked, as far as I know. The things that are in here locked them tight."

TeNTf.png

"So you've been hired by a Commerz, eh? Weelll, I guess I can't stop you from doing it, but be wary. Those thing's YOUNG could skewer an entire spider family in one swift motion. That's what happened to our buddy, Widow."

The heroes thought it wasn't possible, but a glum look creased the heads of the spiders...

"We've been keeping the place tidy pest-wise when suddenly these abominations burrowed in. Caught Widow by surprise and ate her like a snack. These things are way out of our pest-control league."

"Wow! Kudos to those vermin for eating Widow. I like it when pests attack and kill each other. It makes me happy, because then I don't need to kill them. Erik, what do you think? The other doors are locked, so it seems like this is our only chance.

While I wait, I use my shovel to dig for treasure.

"Wow! Kudos to those vermin for eating Widow. I like it when pests attack and kill each other. It makes me happy, because then I don't need to kill them. Erik, what do you think? The other doors are locked, so it seems like this is our only chance.

While I wait, I use my shovel to dig for treasure.

The spiders give you a look of shock and horror, close to tears.

TeNTf.pngNu8hG.png

"I... I... I hope you get IMPALED!"

The floor here is too sturdy for the shovel, not even making a dent. Perhaps it'll be more useful somewhere else.

"Yeah, I don't really see any other options. I think we should go through that door."

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if I do, I was knocked out so many times in my last quest, I think.

"Hah! Me, get impaled! That if foolish of you to think! But don't worry, you're just spider, so I don't blame you for not having much of a brain," I proclaim aloud confidently.

I open the door fully.

"Weapons at the ready, kids."

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if I do, I was knocked out so many times in my last quest, I think.

"Hah! Me, get impaled! That if foolish of you to think! But don't worry, you're just spider, so I don't blame you for not having much of a brain," I proclaim aloud confidently.

Lyrol was still reduced to incoherent babbling, but Morxes had regained his composure.

TeNTf.png

"So, mister high-and-mighty, why don't you go inside and see what fate awaits you? I'm sure it'll be fun."

The spider's words were cold and laced with malice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QM Note: Saw your edit.

The party cautiously goes in to the tidy room, but there was no time to admire the Commerz's organizing skills - because front and center, a huge blue beast and his young awaited them.

RCw2k.png

lEmty.png

"More humans? You seem to be better armed then the last one. If that freak bomb didn't go off, I would've been nice and full that night...

Well, I'm always in the mood for more morsels. No matter how well armed you are, you're nothing compared to the Progg clan."

The two larval Proggs chime in.

w0SFc.pngw0SFc.png

"Let's kill em, daddy!"

Prepare for battle!

lEmty.png

Progg, Level 8 Nocturnal Beast

HP: 85/85

SP: 1

Specials:

Battle Frenzy: The Progg uses his tail to jab every hero for 6 damage.

Drops: Nostrum

w0SFc.png

Larval Progg A, Level 4 Nocturnal Beast

HP: 40/40

SP: 0

Specials:

Team Effort: The Larval Progg strikes the hero for 6 damage. Every other larva on the field boosts this attacks power by 1.

Drops: 20 gold

w0SFc.png

Larval Progg B, Level 4 Nocturnal Beast

HP: 40/40

SP: 0

Specials:

Team Effort: The Larval Progg strikes the hero for 6 damage. Every other larva on the field boosts this attacks power by 1.

Drops: 20 gold

The Party:

AAvjC.png

Monk Pretzel, Level 5 Cleric. 463-year-old male "hermit". (Played by Palathadric)*Party Leader!*

Power: 10

Health: 15/15(+1,+1)

Ether: 9/9

Gold: 14

Inventory: Cross (=Nimbus Broomstick) (WP: 5), Viking Helmet, Arm-Mounted Shield, Fire Bomb (x2)Potion (x2), Tonic (x3), Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Shovel, Bedroll,

mp1tm.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr, Level 5 Barbarian. Male Human, 18 years old. (Played by Myrrdn)

Power: 14

Health: 12/12

Gold: 7

Inventory: Spear (WP9), Axe (WP3), Potion x4, Mead, Remedy

HUfbM.jpg

Daxus Octavian, Level 6 Rogue. Male Human, 23 years old. (Played by LEGOman273

Power: 13

Health: 12/12

Gold: 2

Inventory: Draken's Fire (WP: 7), Raider Crossbow (WP: 5)(Ice), Belt, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion (3x), Venom (3x), Grand Potion (1x), Mead (1x), Smoke Bomb (1x), Holy Bomb (1x)

vTSez.jpg

Mizuki Kimura, Level 5 Rogue. 21 years old female human. (Played by Zakura)

Power: 10

Health: 11/11

Gold:0

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 9)envenomed, Potion x3, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Grand Potion, Shovel, Pick

Edited by Endgame

"That is what I am doing, you delightful creatures. Daxus, watch our backs so that these crawlies cannot attack us from behind."

"That is what I am doing, you delightful creatures. Daxus, watch our backs so that these crawlies cannot attack us from behind."

QM Note: I try editing my posts to prevent double posts, but all I end up doing is messing up the topic's flow. Battle's up above! :devil:

"Will do, though I doubt that those things could harm us directly. I wonder if they have anything to do with the Bomb; they seem sentient. I wish Alisha were here - she could have opened that trunk with her bare hands.

*I draw my sword, and look around for traps and Proggs. I look in the corners and on the celing. I poke around with my sword.*

"Will do, though I doubt that those things could harm us directly. I wonder if they have anything to do with the Bomb; they seem sentient. I wish Alisha were here - she could have opened that trunk with her bare hands.

*I draw my sword, and look around for traps and Proggs. I look in the corners and on the celing. I poke around with my sword.*

QM note: You do realize that the party got into a battle the previous page, right? :tongue:

"I wish we had a knight with us, but all is well.

I attack Laval Progg A from the back row.

Only one of you target the adult. We want to reduce the chances of him getting his special against us.

Endgame, does the special take rows into account, or not?

"I wish we had a knight with us, but all is well.

I attack Laval Progg A from the back row.

Only one of you target the adult. We want to reduce the chances of him getting his special against us.

Endgame, does the special take rows into account, or not?

QM note: Yes. It'll say "disregards row" if row isn't taken into account.

On second thought, I'll attack the Progg from the back row.

The rest of you deal with the babies.

Since I have a ranged weapon, he won't deal as much damage to me as he would to you all.

Edited by Palathadric

"Mizuki has a poisoned weapon, so I think she should target the big one. I will go for Larval Progg B, from the front."

Edited by Myrddyn

*I notice the Proggs standing in front of the Party*

"Trying to get me killed already, Pretzel?" :tongue:

*I attack Larvel Progg A from the Front Row*

"Pretzel, could I buy a Fire Bomb? I will pay you on my first Mug."

Edited by LEGOman273

I hate my uncertainty. For some reason I didn't see the Larval Progg's special. I'm attack Larval Progg A from the back row. Mizuki, go for the adult.

*I notice the Proggs standing in front of the Party*

"Trying to get me killed already, Pretzel?"

*I attack the Progg from the Front Row*

"Pretzel, could I buy a Fire Bomb? I will pay you on my first Mug."

"You, may, but let's get this battle over with first. If it turns sour, we can throw the bombs.

"I was waiting for Mizuki to join us, but..."

1. Erik - Attacks Larval Progg B (Front Row)

2. Daxus - Attacks Larval Progg A (Front Row)

3. Mizuki - Attacks Progg (Front Row) I don't think I can actually decide for her, but she'd better attack the Progg.

4. Pretzel - Attacks Larval Progg A (Back Row)

If any of you have a problem with the battle order ever, just let me know. :classic:

Edited by Palathadric

I hate my uncertainty. For some reason I didn't see the Larval Progg's special. I'm attack Larval Progg A from the back row. Mizuki, go for the adult.

lEmty.png

"Losing your nerve already? Tut tut. I would've expected that wealthy woman to hire more then 2 petty thieves, a bumbling monk, and a inexperienced barbarian."

Edited by Endgame

"Losing your nerve already? Tut tut. I would've expected that wealthy woman to hire more then 2 petty thieves, a bumbling monk, and a inexperienced barbarian."

"Ummm...hi, Daxus. Is that you? It's interesting that you consider yourself a "petty thief." :sceptic:

Hey, you edited your post. I was wondering why you were posting with Daxus' picture. :laugh:

I guess we have to wait for Zakura. :sceptic:

Edited by Palathadric

"Ummm...hi, Daxus. Is that you? It's interesting that you consider yourself a "petty thief." :sceptic:

Refresh your browser, I used the wrong image tag at first. :blush:

"I was waiting for Mizuki to join us, but..."

1. Erik - Attacks Larval Progg A (Front Row)

2. Daxus - Attacks Larval Progg B (Front Row)

3. Mizuki - Attacks Progg (Front Row) I don't think I can actually decide for her, but she'd better attack the Progg.

4. Pretzel - Attacks Larval Progg A (Back Row)

If any of you have a problem with the battle order ever, just let me know. :classic:

OOC: FYI, I attacked Larvel Progg A, and Erik attacked Larvel Progg B. :wink:

"You, may, but let's get this battle over with first. If it turns sour, we can throw the bombs.

"Sounds good."