Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Steampunk Mafia: Day One

vote tally

Charles Pleasance (CallMePieOrDie): 6 votes (CorneliusMurdock, Pandora, Bob, Dragonator, Shadows, Fugazi)

Bess Bulton (Bob): 5 votes (MetroiD, Zepher, Cecilie, Rick, CallMePieOrDie)

In short: Yes. Because after all that's been said and done today, I don't trust Bess one single bit. And also because by tomorrow morning, we'll probably have one less loyal Royal Family member / defender. The assassins won't wait around for us to decide what to do and when to do it - so I'd much rather see where my reasoning leads me than stand around debating how oh-so-bad things would be if we got the wrong person. Besides, if I'm wrong on this, I'll have to face the consequences, which I'm obviously ready and willing to do. After all, in this ship we're floating on, it's all about being a good decoy, remember? Are you one, or are you just taking the easy way out while actually causing a lynch...

Well I personally believe that those are very weak reasons. Like Shandola said, on Day 1 we cannot take such risks on less than a hunch (I'm not saying you have less than hunch, but I do). I do appreciate your willingness to sacrifice yourself for the good of the court, but again, we cannot any mistakes.

Well, I'm pretty sure you just tipped the votes against me, so if you really don't want a lynch... :wacko:

Oops. :blush: I thought there was one more vote for Bess. I don't want either of you lynched at the moment, so I will re-tie the votes.

Vote: Bess Bulton (Bob)

So we're just going to sit around and wait for the assassins to kill one of us. :angry: We won't be using the only weapon that our fair sorceress gave us. Though, that being said, I don't really think we're between two potential assassins right now... so... I don't know.

This gets me all wiggly, if you catch my drift. :wink:

It is also quite intriguing why you've jumped to the defence of Bess citing some rather general and vague not-wanting-to-vote reasons -- yet you did vote against Charles pretty much straight away... It has indeed been a very useful day full of interesting positions and statements on which to base our actions tomorrow.

You may want to review your claims before making them. It would be hard to say that I jumped to anything when I placed the last vote, and made it clear that I did so in an effort to tie things since none of our votes are based on anything real. I was hoping that people would realise that we're not in a traditional situation here and act with a tiny bit of intelligence as opposed to the usual disregard given to day 1 deaths.

I'm glad to see that a few of you understand this. I will cast a wary eye on those who have argued to risk killing a member of our Royal Family to satisfy their need for 'action'.

So we're just going to sit around and wait for the assassins to kill one of us. :angry: We won't be using the only weapon that our fair sorceress gave us.

No, let's just randomly kill someone and hope for the best! That always goes so well. :hmpf: (I'd love to see the statistics on that, then factor in this type of situation, I bet no one would be for trying this).

Though, that being said, I don't really think we're between two potential assassins right now... so... I don't know.

I don't have a clue either way, which is enough reason not to risk killing one.

This gets me all wiggly, if you catch my drift. :wink:

Put your clothes back on. :tongue:

So we're just going to sit around and wait for the assassins to kill one of us. :angry: We won't be using the only weapon that our fair sorceress gave us.

Yes, an awesome plan. Let's all be sure to be as proactive in the future and we'll be sure to take the scum down. :hmpf:

Fairon pointed out that no one seems to care if Bess is lynched. Really? Is she being lynched? No. I can't help but feel that the scum have gotten what they wanted for today. I don't think any of us are 100% certain of her guilt or of Charles' guilt. But sitting around and doing nothing gets us nothing.

So tomorrow that's exactly what we'll have, nothing. Except the scum will have taken one of us out. And then what will we do, hope that someone comes forward with evidence? Or hope that one of the scum will slip up? Shanalon can argue odds of lynching scum all day long but it all comes down to the fact that the odds of getting rid of scum without lynching anyone is zero.

Wow, that was shockingly lucid for me. Because, you know, I'm old. Now where are my pants?

Anyone can condemn SOMEONE by simply unvoting who they've voted. That's all you have to do if you feel strongly about convicting someone but don't feel strongly about who it is. I just believe that neither of the two we went after are scum. Neither had anyone rush to their defense, as Fairon pointed out, and Shanalan is correct in saying that at random, we have an equal chance of hitting either royal family or assassins.

Now, I really want to go wear the hay, if you're following me. :wink:

I wouldn't have kept my vote on Charles if I didn't think he looked more suspicious to me than Bess. So I can unvote Charles and Bess gets lynched, whether I vote for her or not. Sounds great. That would be a random lynching on my part.

I think the only information we have to work with here is the respective defenses of both candidates. I felt Bess put up a better defense. So I left my vote on who I believe likely to be scum based on the information we have.

People can throw out the word "random" and "odds" and make themselves look smart but at the end of the day, we're not using the best weapon we, as a group, have for getting rid of scum. And that just doesn't sit well with me.

But what do I know? I'm old. I'm just going to reserve the right to say "I told you so" when we have nothing better to go on tomorrow. If I can remember to say it.

vote tally

Charles Pleasance (CallMePieOrDie): 6 votes (CorneliusMurdock, Pandora, Bob, Dragonator, Shadows, Fugazi)

Bess Bulton (Bob): 6 votes (MetroiD, Zepher, Cecilie, Rick, CallMePieOrDie, JimButcher)

With the votes tied, the day ends with no conviction. Please get your night actions in ASAP. If they are not in within 24 hours of this post, they will not be counted. Thank you. A conclusion will be posted shortly.

011.jpg

The arguments against both lynching candidates continue all day. The back-and-forth continues as the blue sky turns darker and darker shades of orange.

"All I did was make a little observation," Charles Pleasance says, "It was a joke, like everyone was making."

"Our jokes were better!" Someone yells.

"And all I did was point out that it was just a little observation," Bess Bulton answers, "I think he's innocent, but I'll vote for him to save my megablocks here. Sorry Charles."

012.jpg

Fairon Garzi swaps his vote to keep the numbers even.

"OK," he says, "I'm not convinced of Bess or Charles's guilt, so I'll change my vote to balance it out and avoid a lynch altogether."

"I don't think we should lynch anyone either," Jane Phoebe Barnell and her two sets of goggles agrees, "So, I'll unvote Bess Bulton."

013.jpg

"Pardon me," Charles Pleasance interrupts, "I'd like to challenge the math you've used to come to that conclusion."

"Oh tee hee," Jane titters, "I'm a silly twit!"

Jane revotes and sets the votes even again.

014.jpg

"I'm all wiggly," Zerard Wolfe tells the group, "I want to go wear the hay."

"What the megabluck are you talking about?" Someone asks.

015.jpg

With no conviction, the passengers of the HMS Brutal head off to find some sleeping quarters for the night.

Cuthber Neal Memlow wanders aimlessly for a moment.

"It's still drafty," he says.

016.jpg

As the sun sets, the silver plank appears, but it is not put to use on this night.

Get your Night Actions in now or I'll punch you in the face! You have 23 hours left at this point so don't waste any time. :tongue: Thanks! :sweet: