Brickdoctor

Realm of the Mad God

Jeez. People really like defense potions don't they? :laugh:

I don't know what tiers refer to. I imagine the level of objects, but I don't know how to tell.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

My Accountname is Brickadeer, and I have no idea which server I'm on :) All I know is that I die pretty fast.

When you first click 'Play', while the game loads, in the bottom-left corner, in blue text should read "Connecting to server name". Servers are named for regions, such as USWest, EUEast, AsiaSouthWest, etc.

I don't know what tiers refer to. I imagine the level of objects, but I don't know how to tell.

You can look up equipment on the wiki.

The current Stat Pot exchange rates are

Speed:Defense - 5:1

Attack:Defense - 3:1

Dexterity:Defense - 4:1-ish

Wisdom:Defense - 3:1-ish

Vitality:Defense - 2:3

Life:Defense - 1:6-8

Thanks Doc. :thumbup: I got a Tier 7 sword, tier 8 armor, and a tier 2 ring. I imagine I got ripped off, but the stuff was so shiny... :grin:

Thanks Doc. :thumbup: I got a Tier 7 sword, tier 8 armor, and a tier 2 ring. I imagine I got ripped off, but the stuff was so shiny... :grin:

For 1 Def? Yeah, you did. :tongue: Dragonscale is worth 1 Speed and the ring and T7 might be worth 1 Speed together (I've never seen them sold for pots, so...), so you lost about 3 Speed pots.

Wait, actually, I didn't notice that the ring you had was Defense. In that case, you probably lost 1 or 2 Speed.

Sorry about that Doc, I was on my phone. I'll try to go on soon. What are you and Pie's equips and how did you get to Oryx?

Edited by VolcanicPanik

Sorry about that Doc, I was on my phone. I'll try to go on soon. What are you and Pie's equips and how did you get to Oryx?

When all the higher bosses have been killed and a certain number of total kills have been made, all the players in the realm are taken to Oryx's castle.

Right now, I'm a Level 20 Sorcerer with a Wand of Death, Cloudflash Scepter, Robe of the Illusionist, and Ring of Superior Attack.

I transferred all my stuff to my new Knight. Paladin here I come. :sweet:

I feel so puny now. Level 4 Archer, Greywood Bow, Reinforced Quiver, Bearskin Armour and the +40 health ring.

Sorry. :blush:

If you're online right now, I'll invite you to the EB guild. I'm on USWest near the dyes and cloths in the Nexus.

Hm. It's just about running around, killing monsters and bosses, isn't it? Does it make a difference whether I kill a random bossmonster or the quest-monster?

Hm. It's just about running around, killing monsters and bosses, isn't it? Does it make a difference whether I kill a random bossmonster or the quest-monster?

It does. If you complete a hundred quests, you get a Fame bonus when you die. (and there's a higher bonus that stacks with the first for one thousand quests completed)

Just lost my Level 20, 90 Fame Sorceror. I killed two Medusas and a Beholder, saw the soulbound bag that would contain a Speed or Defense pot drop, ran for it...and promptly backed into a Leviathan's shotgun and died. :wall::laugh: Then I managed to lose two Necromancers, Level 12 and Level 15, respectively, in under forty five minutes. So...if anyone is up for team training to get back to Level 20, I have plenty of time in about four or five hours.

It does. If you complete a hundred quests, you get a Fame bonus when you die. (and there's a higher bonus that stacks with the first for one thousand quests completed)

Just lost my Level 20, 90 Fame Sorceror. I killed two Medusas and a Beholder, saw the soulbound bag that would contain a Speed or Defense pot drop, ran for it...and promptly backed into a Leviathan's shotgun and died. :wall::laugh: Then I managed to lose two Necromancers, Level 12 and Level 15, respectively, in under forty five minutes. So...if anyone is up for team training to get back to Level 20, I have plenty of time in about four or five hours.

I lost my level 19 Wizard, which makes it more difficult to get different classes.

Ok. But completing a hundred quests takes a lot of time, doesn't it? What do I have to do to get better drops, btw?

Edited by Brickadeer

Ok. But completing a hundred quests takes a lot of time, doesn't it? What do I have to do to get better drops, btw?

It does. I failed to reach a hundred quests even with my best character, a Necromancer that died at 304 Fame.

The best drops are soulbound. You have to deal a certain amount of Damage to qualify, and then there's a small chance you'll get the item. (Attack, Speed, and Defense Stat Pots, for example, have a 0.4% chance of dropping from a god) Most of the equipment listed on the wiki also list the enemy they drop from. (for example, if you want good Wizard equips, the lowest higher tier staff, the Staff of Horror, has a 0.2% chance of dropping from a god, 8% chance from a Skull Shrine or Cube God, 1.6% chance from a Pentaract, 2.5% chance in a Cyclops God chest, 2.5% chance from a Ghost King, and 5% chance in a Red Demon chest)

It does. I failed to reach a hundred quests even with my best character, a Necromancer that died at 304 Fame.

The best drops are soulbound. You have to deal a certain amount of Damage to qualify, and then there's a small chance you'll get the item. (Attack, Speed, and Defense Stat Pots, for example, have a 0.4% chance of dropping from a god) Most of the equipment listed on the wiki also list the enemy they drop from. (for example, if you want good Wizard equips, the lowest higher tier staff, the Staff of Horror, has a 0.2% chance of dropping from a god, 8% chance from a Skull Shrine or Cube God, 1.6% chance from a Pentaract, 2.5% chance in a Cyclops God chest, 2.5% chance from a Ghost King, and 5% chance in a Red Demon chest)

Ok. So my best bet is to make quests in a trustworthy group that doesn't grab all the items that drop, I guess :) What do you mean by "soulbound", btw?

I had one further question, but I forgot.

edit:

Completed the soulbound-quest (I guess):

http://forums.wildshadow.com/node/4824

Edited by Brickadeer

Ok. So my best bet is to make quests in a trustworthy group that doesn't grab all the items that drop, I guess :) What do you mean by "soulbound", btw?

Soulbound loot can only be seen by you and can only be picked up by you. Lower soulbound items (T4-T8, I believe) drop in purple bags; higher soulbound equips drop in light blue bags with red strings; Stat Pots drop in dark blue bags with gold strings; and the highest, 'untiered' items drop in white bags with blue strings. Once you pick them up, they're no longer soulbound and you can drop them in public brown bags or trade them to another player.

On that note, all the loot worth storing drops soulbound, initially, so you don't have to worry about others stealing your drops. However, you will have to compete with the other players to deal enough damage to qualify for soulbound drops, so large groups are usually better for gaining Fame and XP, not loot.

Soulbound loot can only be seen by you and can only be picked up by you. Lower soulbound items (T4-T8, I believe) drop in purple bags; higher soulbound equips drop in light blue bags with red strings; Stat Pots drop in dark blue bags with gold strings; and the highest, 'untiered' items drop in white bags with blue strings. Once you pick them up, they're no longer soulbound and you can drop them in public brown bags or trade them to another player.

On that note, all the loot worth storing drops soulbound, initially, so you don't have to worry about others stealing your drops. However, you will have to compete with the other players to deal enough damage to qualify for soulbound drops, so large groups are usually better for gaining Fame and XP, not loot.

Ok. I think I will give my new Wizard a new trial when I'm home. I find the controls to be a lot more imprecise than a cursor-based control like in Diablo II, though.

Stat potions are from killing gods, right? I have only fought the Ent Ancient, where are the others and how does locking a player work?

On another note, I have a Pirate Rum, but it seems pointless.

Yes, Stat Pots primarily drop from gods. They are also dropped by all higher dungeon bosses (other than Dreadstump, Bonegrind, and Arachna), by events (Cube Gods, Pentaracts, Skull Shrines) and can be found in Red Demon chests. Dungeon bosses guarantee one pot to one of their killers, so if you solo a higher dungeon, you're guaranteed one. (Speed from Snake Pit, Dexterity from Sprite World, Wisdom from Undead Lair, Vitality from Abyss of Demons, and Life from Tomb of the Ancients) All other drops are only a small chance.

Locking turns the name of the locked player bold and brings them to the top of the list of players in the sidebar when they're in the same realm, dungeon, or Nexus as you are.

The Ent Ancient is not a god, actually, and shouldn't be confused with the Ent God, which is a lot more dangerous and drops Defense Potions.

Pirate Rum is really just a fun item and no one really buys them.

How many monsters do I need to kill to go into a better dungeon other than Pirate Cave? I also have a load of useless stuff, maybe one of yous can fond some use for it?

You have to kill certain monsters. I don't remember which ones, exactly. I know Snake Pit and Spider Den drop from minor gods and the higher midland enemies around the godlands. The rest drop from gods, except for the Tomb of the Ancients, which drops exclusively from the Grand Sphinx.

It depends on what stuff it is. On that note, we should have a list of currently available items that we don't need and are willing to donate. (though I don't have any at the moment - I was in the Spider Den with CallMePie, lagged, started to reduce the visual quality of the game, and couldn't get rid of the right-click menu in time to dodge)

Where are the godlands????? Lucky you, both of you are in USA, and I'm stuck in Australia, stupid time zones...

Zoom out in the minimap (scroll down), locate a mass of Level 20 players somewhere in the middle, and teleport to them.

Okay, I'll start:

Mid-Tier Items Available for Free:

Brickdoctr:

DoubleBow.png

Double Bow
x2
(Tier 6) A bow that somehow manages to shoot two arrows in different directions.

T3%20Seal%20of%20the%20Aspirant.png

Seal of the Aspirant
(Tier 3) A seal of blessed preservation, gleaming with the sacred will of the righteous.

Items are carried around by me and not stored in a Vault, so availability is dependent on my ability to avoid dying.
:tongue:

I have

T6%20Mithril%20Chainmail.pngMithril Chainmail T6 +13 Defence

T3%20Silver%20Chainmail.pngSilver Chainmail T3 +8 Defence

T5%20Fire%20Sword.pngFire Sword T5 90-135 Damage

Trade or Realm Gold if you're desperate :tongue:

Edited by VolcanicPanik