Brickdoctor

Realm of the Mad God

No, if you killed one, you're no longer eligible, no matter when you killed it.

Shame. Oh, well, I made 20 and unlocked Necro! :moar:

I'm going to try for 150 Fame now, since i have 47. I figure, at about 20 Fame per Oryx trip, I can get to 150 in 6-7 trips. This doesn't count any Fame for fighting Oryx himself, so if I do that and survive it may take substantially fewer trips to his castle to reach a second star in the class.

I'm going to try for 150 Fame now, since i have 47. I figure, at about 20 Fame per Oryx trip, I can get to 150 in 6-7 trips. This doesn't count any Fame for fighting Oryx himself, so if I do that and survive it may take substantially fewer trips to his castle to reach a second star in the class.

If you find a train in the godlands, you can get there really quickly. I hit 150 Fame with Warrior, Sorc, and Mystic sitting in the middle of a godlands train full of pros on USEast. (before Steam n00bs forced pros to spread out over other servers) Took about half an hour.

59 Fame now. Solo'd a death mage. wandered through godlands for FAR too long. Nerves are shot. more later.

Anyone know of any kind of "reverse caffiene"?!?!?!???

April 2, 2012: I Have Returned!

Realm of the Mad God: 9 (Deaths of Known Active Players: CallMePie: 3, ADonut: 1, Hornblower: 1, Emorith: 1*, Harkshire: 1*, LegoFlipz: 1*, PoisonKate: 1*, Brickdoctr: 0)

Eurobricks Guild: 3 (Oryx Survivals: Brickdoctr: 3)

Flipz returned from his ragequit early. No surprise there. :poke: He lasted longer than Doc did at ragequitting, though. It's a new measure of willpower: how long can you ragequit RotMG? There were a lot of unconfirmed deaths, mostly uncovered by comparing Guild Fame levels, but not reported to the author's knowledge.

Nevertheless, the guild had a pretty good score, finishing at an overall score of -6. *accepts money from Brickdoctr* The Dearly Beloved, Most Awesome Guild Founder Brickdoctr finished in first place with a score of +3.

Guild Fame didn't increase by much, with Skipper winning (again - seriously, the author would like you to stop dying) at +138. CMP narrowed the gap between him and Sisco by a good 50+ Fame, while Donut burst onto the scene with 17 Fame. We saw small increases from Harkshire, K-nut, and Kate, and Flipz has begun to close the gap between himself and Kate.

Overall, the guild gained a member, saw a member return from ragequit, and had statistically one of its better days. The author almost didn't want the day to end, which is why he stayed on his lazy butt savored the moment and wrote this up an hour late. :innocent:

I died 3 times. :sadnew: Twice in Oryx's Castle. :cry_sad:

I also think we should move servers...it was very busy and quite laggy for me on in the day. And it seems like half the EUNorth2 speaks Spanish. :wacko:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

I also think we should move servers...it was very busy and quite laggy for me on in the day. And it seems like half the EUNorth2 speaks Spanish. :wacko:

Skipper suggested USSouth3, which I checked out today with him and seemed pretty good. (up until the point where someone else on my network started playing online games, too, and I lagged out as a realm was closing) Does everyone else want to change servers?

Skipper suggested USSouth3, which I checked out today with him and seemed pretty good. (up until the point where someone else on my network started playing online games, too, and I lagged out as a realm was closing) Does everyone else want to change servers?

Fine by me. :thumbup:

Also, my goal for tomorrow in RotMG is to break 150 Fame with Wizard unless I die. And to not die UNTIL I get my wizzy past 150.

Stay tuned! :moar:

One of the most weirdest things I've seen today. Clicky!

Yeah, there are a lot of those sites. The prices there are way too high. $15 for an Elder? You can buy an Elder for as low as 8 Def, now, which is around $6.

MegaBloks. As I predicted to Skipper yesterday, the Law of Averages brought me crashing down after my record day yesterday. Got Slowed and died to an Insect Minion of Oryx within my first five minutes of playing. :wall:

First roll was decent. Kept it, went to do some godlands farming, got 2 Spd, then died to a Medusa bomb thanks to incredibly slow reflexes. (that, and I forgot that I was wearing Illusionist and Sup HP instead of Magus and Para HP, and in the split-second I had after I recognized the bomb I had figured that I could take the hit - obviously, I was wrong. :laugh: )

N00b question:

Can you play RotMG on mobile? I have tried, but it didn't seem to work.

As far as I know, no.

As far as I know, no.

I'm on, but I can't move. There is noone around, and all I can do is shoot randomly. Help!

I was on a level where I could teleport, but I can't do that now.

In the Nexus now. Where is EB?

Edited by LEGOman273

I'm on, but I can't move. There is noone around, and all I can do is shoot randomly. Help!

I was on a level where I could teleport, but I can't do that now.

Are you in the tutorial? It's got either chickens or a butcher as the quest. You're using WASD to move and not the arrows, right? You can change your controls using 'O' to bring up options.

Are you in the tutorial? It's got either chickens or a butcher as the quest. You're using WASD to move and not the arrows, right? You can change your controls using 'O' to bring up options.

I'm really not sure what I am doing, besides randomly shooting at people in the Nexus. :blush:

I'm off now, but I will be back on later today.

Edited by LEGOman273

I'm really not sure what I am doing, besides randomly shooting at people in the Nexus. :blush:

I'm off now, but I will be back on later today.

If you're in the Nexus, go into one of the grey portals at the far end to get into the realm.

Well, up to 84 Fame on this wizzy...more than halfway there!

Killed a lich. Got a nice Ring of Greater Defense and Ring of Greater Speed, both of which I've now put on my mule. Solo'd a spider cave, almost shotgunned myself by stupidly using my spell in the middle of a room full of spider eggs. Bandit Leaders, Giant Crabs, Hobbit Mages, Undead Hobbit Mages, Elf Wizards, Dwarf Kings, and Goblin Mages all make excellent Fame farms. They also make epic mob raves that are fun to take out and earn lots of Fame.

It feels odd to be going for Fame after so long just trying to hit Level 20...

Can play on another computer. My username is BrickCosty and I am in US West 2.

Can play on another computer. My username is BrickCosty and I am in US West 2.

I'm not going to be on for at least another hour, but you can go try to find Hornblower on USSouth3 or EUNorth2. Otherwise, I'll see if I can find you when I get on. :classic:

So, to review:

*Made it to Oryx 1, lived.

*Made it to 150 Fame.

Should I try for 400 Fame? It's a lot easier from here than it would be with a new char, and since I'm getting better with time...

Should I try for 400 Fame? It's a lot easier from here than it would be with a new char, and since I'm getting better with time...

Depends on whether you ever plan to go for a Red Star or an Orange Star. If your goal is just to unlock the classes, get the Dark Blue Star, and settle in with your favorite class, there's no reason to go for 400.

April 3, 2012: Loot and XP...and Fame

Realm of the Mad God: 8 (Deaths of Known Active Players: Brickdoctr: 3+1 Suicide, CallMePie: 2, PoisonKate: 1*, LegoFlipz: 1 Suicide*, ACosty: 0, Hornblower: 0)

Eurobricks Guild: 3 (Oryx Surivivals: Brickdoctr: 1, Hornblower: 1, LegoFlipz: 1)

*Unconfirmed

Fame was the name of the game (haha, I'm so poetic :tongue: ) for the tame guild which came in shame with the aim to maim the same...lame...undead...dame...something. The guild finished with eight known deaths and three O1 survivals.

Skipper won today with an overall score of +1, with new member Costy not far behind at +0.

In Guild Fame gain, LegoFlipz took his Wizzy past the 150 mark, but Doc took the prize with a daily gain of a whopping +957.

Costy joined the guild, but the author, unfortunately, was too busy trying not to die without a weapon, armor, or ring, and wasn't able to venture outside of godlands trains and thus does not possess a first-hand report of the newbie's performance. Guild Fame rankings would suggest he did pretty well, though.

Costy's a Level 20 wizzy, and he hasn't died yet.

My death was a lag-kill in Oryx's castle, a particularly bad one where the screen froze for like fifteen seconds, and just when I was about to refresh the tab, it unfroze to a death screen. :(

I managed to go through a Forbidden Jungle with my Necro, though! (A Spanish-speaking Warrior accompanied me. He Nexused out right before the god, so I had to solo the god, got a sweet ring for it!) Out of all the dungeons I've played so far, Forbidden Jungle is my fav.

I could really use a decent wand and skull for my Necro...