Sign in to follow this  
bootz

MOC: Porsche 911

indexed.gif V-LV-30B

I've tried many times over the years to build a 911. This is the closest I've come so far to being satisfied with it, though that front overhand is a stud too long. Not too sure how I'm going to solve that either. Well anyway, feel free to share your comments and criticisms.

IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg

Good work so far. Its tough to get the shapes right when working on such a small scale.

If you are willing to make it bigger (5 wide) you might get better results. If you'd like, take a look at my attempt at a 911 and get some inspiration:

Blackbird 911

Good work so far. Its tough to get the shapes right when working on such a small scale.

If you are willing to make it bigger (5 wide) you might get better results. If you'd like, take a look at my attempt at a 911 and get some inspiration:

Blackbird 911

Yes I had seen that. Great moc. I've never attempted to do a 5 wide. I wouldn't call myself a purist, but I do prefer 4 wide. I'd like to try a 5 wide eventually though.

Aside from being blocky, the wheel base on mine needs to be a stud longer and the front overhang a stud shorter. The front axle needs to come forward but that will interfere with the slope of the hood.

Interesting 911, I agree with 'Polish Guy' and it might look better as a five wide....the lines look too straight. :look: Perhaps if you buy a Cars2 set you'll get the right front end (i.e. Lightning McQueen). :wink: Brick On Drive On ! :grin: