Brickdoctor

[LDD MOC] TIE x1 Advanced

Great job.

Greetings from an LDD friend :classic:

:sweet:

I'll post all the TIEs in the LDD forum with LXF files once I've done all the ones from the movies, by the way.

The pylons are awesome! Getting them to connect and also having the hole is brilliant. The whole thing is brilliant! The curvature on the flat sections in the back of the craft cannot be built any way better. I HAD to use that same technique on my advanced. The way you made everything connect to the cockpit ball with little gaps remaining is my favorite thing in this build. My only gripe is the blockyness of the cockpit and the tiny windscreen. Other than that, this things pretty much spot on! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

The pylons are awesome! Getting them to connect and also having the hole is brilliant. The whole thing is brilliant! The curvature on the flat sections in the back of the craft cannot be built any way better. I HAD to use that same technique on my advanced. The way you made everything connect to the cockpit ball with little gaps remaining is my favorite thing in this build. My only gripe is the blockyness of the cockpit and the tiny windscreen. Other than that, this things pretty much spot on! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

Thanks. The blockiness is one of my gripes with the model, but since Fallenangel informs me that this 5-wide core Lowell sphere cockpit is too small, I'm working on a bigger, 6-wide core cockpit ball for my forthcoming TIE/in that should look better.