Tom Bricks

TTCE: Legoland Transit Authority

ENTERED

I'm going to apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures but my new computer doesn't have photoshop yet so I did what I could with Picnik.

This train was loosely inspired by the MBTA in Boston but there's not much of a resemblance so I don't have a link. Overall I'm quite pleased at how this turned out but the doors could have been better. I tried not to bricklink any of the parts so I had to do with my one train set, and this is my first train MOC but I figured I would join in bringing in the new forum with this entry.

3960564312_28f952a5ca.jpg

3960558594_ae13fc44ae.jpg

There are some more pics, including ones of the inside on Flickr

Edited by TheBrickster

Cool entry, bright and good use of the colors. I would skip the decals if I were you, for me they do not add any extra value.

Overall I'm quite pleased at how this turned out but the doors could have been better.

You mean adding some doors for passengers to enter would have been better ? :tongue: Maybe you could add a picture to flickr with a side shot where the doors are visible

I tried not to bricklink any of the parts so I had to do with my one train set, and this is my first train MOC but I figured I would join in bringing in the new forum with this entry.

huh :sceptic: my english is pretty well, but I am not sure what you are typing here.

I agree that doors would be nice but only if the overall lines of the train aren't spoiled. I really like the use of the new 6-wide windscreen on a train it looks really smart. The overall proportions are very nice. I am planning a small EMU-type train like this for my current layout - which is very small and requires a short passenger train!!

The driver's face does not inspire confidence for the passengers though....... :tongue:

Cheers

Rog

It does have doors but I guess I forgot to take pictures of that side. The train only stops on one side on my layout so doors on both sides are not needed, and trust me it looks odd with doors on both sides.

huh :sceptic: my english is pretty well, but I am not sure what you are typing here.

I just meant that I only own one train set and didn't but any parts for the contest.

The driver's face does not inspire confidence for the passengers though....... :tongue:

There have recently been alot of train crashes around here due to drivers texting while driving so I thought I'd add some realism to my MOC. :laugh: