Sign in to follow this  
Future74

MOC Droideka

indexed.gif

When I was building the first version of the driodeka, I got some ideas that I had to put to use in a 2nd version.

So that's why you will see some similarities between the two; the legs and arms are the same. But the main body is quiet different.

Front

droideka_moc2a.jpg

Side

droideka_moc2b.jpg

Back

droideka_moc2c.jpg

Hope you'll like it.

I do prefer this new design. It looks thinner and more round than the previous. Do you have the TLG Droideka from the MTT? If so, you could use the bronze 'arms' to make it look more realistic.

I think it's a super design but the only thing that lets it down is the colour, but that's something hard to overcome if you don't have the pieces. :tongue:

Well done.

Wow!! Thats a very good Droideka you have there. A perfect design, I would say. So well done! :thumbup:

-A.S.

Good MOC. :thumbup: It looks much better than your old one. Other than the incorrect colurs (which, as others have said, is hard to overcome), and its out of scale, although it is still a much better size than TLC's version from the MTT.

This one seems to be better than the first one

The head is getting flatter (more correct)

and the bending neck also improves the overall shape.

Good~~

Thanks. I think this one looks better compared to the first one, but that's almost always the case when you build a second version of something.... at least in the eyes of the designer. :laugh:

Do you have the TLG Droideka from the MTT? If so, you could use the bronze 'arms' to make it look more realistic.

I think it's a super design but the only thing that lets it down is the colour, but that's something hard to overcome if you don't have the pieces. :tongue:

Yes, I could have torn the Droideka from the MTT apart... but couldn't. :blush: And it's nice to have them lined-up as comparisons. It's like you watch them evolve. :laugh:

The colour is most of the times a problem, I have seen it come up in a lot of MOCs that's because TLC doesnt have every piece available in every colour. Just take a look in S@H. Since all my SW models are still intact and displayed I have to make due with old lego and/or loose bricks I order from S@H.

Good MOC. :thumbup: It looks much better than your old one. Other than the incorrect colurs (which, as others have said, is hard to overcome), and its out of scale, although it is still a much better size than TLC's version from the MTT.

What do you mean by out of scale? I think compared to the TLC version it's more minifigure accurate.

I do like your destroyer better than the 1 in the mtt. although im not a fan of the dark grey (i like the brown-red better). good work though