How do you rate this set?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

I think its O.K., but I probably won't buy it.

I'm not really into city as much as Lego Star wars. :vader:

I love the green truck though! :thumbup: I would give

this set a 8/10 rating! :classic:

Sp1nK1n4Tor

Lego's getting too over priced...We must convince them to join

the lightside of the force! You must help me!

rebel against the over-priced side of the force!

I bought the Crawler Crane 7632, the Front-End Loader 7630, the Dump Truck 7631 and the Dozer 7685 but I just can't buy the Construction Site 7633. T think that the tractor trailer looks good, the little dozer too but the crane looks a little unfinished to me. The control cabin is not even a cabin and the technic axles look like they curve when they are under too much pressure... The lift looks good I have to say but then again, the bulding is kind of too minimalist.
Though I can't really point out anything that makes it a must have with that $100 price tag. No doubt I'll get it, but it wasn't one like Brickbeard's Bounty where I had to immediately buy it in spite of the cost.

I kind of agree. It's a nice set, but hardly essential and I like the Dozer and Crawler Crane more. Cafe Corner the little shop ain't! Kids will love this set though.

This looks like a tidy little set. Although I won't be aquiring any time soon because of the lack of new elements and minifigs.

Insitive review :thumbup: -Lloyd

Lloyd, you have hit on a very good point. You'll note I didn't even take an individual pic of all the figs together as they were so dull - just retreads of construction workers we've seen a million times before. They rejigged the Coast Guard figs for 2008 so I don't know why they couldn't have changed some of the elements here as well. Considering all the other lines in 2009 have such amazing figs it is disappointing that City gets lumped with the same old faces and torsos.

I'm in the middle of constructing the construction site now. I'm glad to see someone understands that there shouldn't be anything in the building, it's under construction after all. Not having anything inside is listed on several brickset.com reviews as a con. What do you expect?

I think it is a great set. One of my favorite features is the fact that the flatbed can actually hold the Dozer 7685, and it doesn't look silly on there.

I am not a huge fan of the building, but I understand that it is just the start. It is small, but it is a good starting place, maybe a facade of a larger building. I doubt a construction site would include flowers for the window sills. :cry_happy:

Every so often there is an element that just gets me excited. I am really impressed with the lift. The way the wheels are set-up really makes it functional and fun. I could see using this idea in other areas... though I have never seen the black rods that long before.

As far as I can tell, everything is built well. The only exception I have found is the crank for the crane that keeps popping off if I wind it too fast. Everything else is solid and works well with previous construction stuff. Good job, can't wait to see more... though my construction area is larger than any other area of my city. I do feel the need to build something for the foreman to drive. I think he needs a pick-up to tool around in.

Although I am a City fan, this set is not mine cup of tea. Seems to me, like if someone in TLC put simply what he found after working shift on designers boards into one box. If I compare size of truck, digger, mobile crane and house, looks, how we say in our country, like four dogs, each one from different village..

...Building cranes with nothing to lift; police command centres with noone to arrest; emergency vehicles with not a soul to rescue...

And that's why I barely ever bought city sets when I was younger - no one for the services to interact with! :sceptic:

I'm not going to say I'll definately buy this set, but I do still think it's awesome with a VERY DETAILED review! :thumbup:

...I might not buy it because all my money is going towards Star Wars and Power Miners :tongue: