Sign in to follow this  
daoudbazaar

Review : 7682 - Shanghai Chase

Thanks for the review and the great pictures, not being a fan of flesh tone I really need to find out as much as I can about the sets before I buy them and your review was really helpful.

As soon as I see this in shops I know it's worth buying. :classic:

Am i the only one who thinks lego isn't that expensive ? £25 for the Shanghai Chase i'll willingly pay for such awesomeness.

The price of plastic has been going up for ages . Still not got mine as i ordered it from Lego .

Uber excited hoping its gonna come on Monday.

I finally got around to picking this set up, no special sales or anything, I paid full price at Wal Mart, got back to my place drank a bottle of wine, then put it together.

I gotta say, this set rocks. I love the minifigs. black fedoras are awesome. When I saw pictures of it, the design of the black car looked a little sketchy to me. After putting it together, I realize it's actually a fun to assemble model.

The Auburn on the other hand... it's a little sketchy. I think Lego would have done right by me to make it a sort of conglomeration of the present model, the prelim model, and the one we see in the Lego IJ video game. (I am a huge fan of that game... I'm something like 96% complete with it.. I've never done that with an XBox game :-p)

For reference, here's what the movie car looks like, and here;s the Lego version..

710.jpg

7682-bag2.jpg

I don't mean to detract from the design of Lego's model, it's a very sharp looking car, it's just not very movie faithful :pir-hmpf_bad:

I'd still probably give this set an easy 5. It rocks.

My wife got me this for valentines, it's a very quick build but the real standout is the minifigs, 5 minifigs and all brand new and each interesting in their own way (well maybe not the gansters, they're almost identical, but they're still awesome)

The cars were cool, but felt a little bland to me, not sure why as I do prefer they way they've used more realistic minimal colours in it, and not introduced random colours like LEGO's own tumbler which is all over the place.