Sign in to follow this  
r5-j2

Finally got Lola and Coulson

Here`s a couple of pics of the two Marvel "characters" I`ve been waiting on and are long overdue.I haven't yet opened up the other bags of the set yet ,because to be honest the Detroit Steel mech to me is only "o.k."; Lego have not provided much in the way of printed parts (only Lola`s front grill looks be a print) and the mech is heavily reliant on stickers for it`s red, white and blue colour scheme, unlike the earlier Hulkbuster  which is much better, also I think I prefer the old style Iron Man helmet moulding . However for the money (£30) ,this set is still worth getting, but I`ll be looking at some way to improve the mech.

32367436245_c9b8a6dd90_c.jpgIMG_2360 by kenny burns, on Flickr

32247573591_4064cbb335_c.jpgIMG_2362 by kenny burns, on Flickr

Regards

Kenny.

15 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

Gotta love Lola. Did you apply the stickers to the inside of the wheel arches too?

I did, I`m a bit cack-handed with stickers, but you don`t see them much anyway, there`s also a sticker for the consul above the steering wheel, but I can live with that, but I would have happily paid a few pound more to get printed parts instead of stickers...what do you think about maybe spending a bit more to get a guaranteed neater finish?

Kenny. 

Edited by r5-j2

33 minutes ago, r5-j2 said:

I did, I`m a bit cack-handed with stickers, but you don`t see them much anyway, there`s also a sticker for the consul above the steering wheel, but I can live with that, but I would have happily paid a few pound more to get printed parts instead of stickers...what do you think about maybe spending a bit more to get a guaranteed neater finish?

Kenny. 

I would like that, but I know that a lot of customisers prefer being able to deconstruct their products and use the bricks for other projects, so I understand that. I've replaced the yellow technic pieces with light silver ones to match the rest now. 

Time to get my spares boxes out and I see the reasoning about not everything being printed, I tore down my Black Panther jet to complete a Batwing and managed to clean off the sticker goo with nail polish remover so I could reuse the parts, but it was a pain

Kenny

Edited by r5-j2
took out Batwing link as this a Marvel Topic!!, no DC Here!

13 hours ago, allstyles said:

with what parts did you make that stan lee??

I wonder if that's an official figure... looks convincing enough to me...

21 hours ago, allstyles said:

with what parts did you make that stan lee??

great picture :blush:

7 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I wonder if that's an official figure... looks convincing enough to me...

Looks like it's the custom one from minifigures.com - http://www.minifigures.com/products/stan-lee.html

There isn't an official Stan Lee minifig, although I would love one! 

You are right Cap, it`s the minifigures.com version and I love him, I maybe a D.C. fan at heart ; but Stan is "The Man!"