Sign in to follow this  
bodmin

MOC help - Cavalon Autogyro

Hi - I'm new to this forum, but an avid builder of Technical Lego sets. Just ordered the Porsche 42056 a few days ago.

I am also a keen aviator, and own a Cavalon Autogyro. I would love to build a Lego MOC Cavalon, but quite honestly I don't know where to start!

A few pictures of the Cavalon attached. Can anyone see some obvious lego parts which match up to the overall shape (wheel spats, wheels, 'egg' shaped fuselage, etc), The Cavalon is powered by a Rotax 4 cylinder horizontal engine, so would need to have this under the rear engine cover.

Any advice gratefully received.

20130809_110123.jpg

+1

Next you will have to fix the wanted functions in it.

It will not be the same if you only want a spinning rotor or one articulated one.

Would you replicate the flight command or not?

Motorised or not?

Thanks for the assistance. I've tried to upload some more pictures, but the system doesn't let me for some reason.

The rotor system on an autogyro is very simple. There is no cyclic and collective pitch. The blades are set at a fixed angle and the whole disc is tilted as required. The blades are not engine driven (except for pre-rotation up to 200rpm). The blades rotate due to autorotation effect as the airflow passes over them. Forward thrust is provided by the rear mounted propeller.

I would like to install as much working control as possible. Pedals work the rudder (and nose wheel steering), control column tilts the rotor disc, The system is controlled by bell cranks and bowden cables (very strong ones!).

I was looking at replicating the bowden cables with the Lego Flex system for a touch of realism. Not seen much info on the Flex system - is it still available?

Edited by bodmin