jonfett

Welcome to all new members

Welcome all you guest. There have been a ton recently but only a few joined so all the guests looking at the great pictures come join. We wellcome new people unlike other sites. I say one thing on a Nintendo site and they bite my head off.

Anyways HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Yeah, to ditto what David said.

Welcome to this friendly board, we have lots of great news and always want to chat.

..they bite my head off

Would we ever do that?? ;)

Jon.

Heh, I didn't see this when I first got here. Okay, a little about myself:

My faavorite Lego sets were probably from the ResQ and divers lines (divers was sweet), um, and I'm really excited about the new Episode 3 stuff... I might actually spend more than $30 on Lego in 2005. For the first time in a long time (I won't buy the craptastic sets like Mos Eisley Cantina, the ones that are overpriced and put in boxes that are way too big, to make it seem like you're getting more). I'm a 49ers fan, I wanted Kerry to win, I've got way too much homework and community service to do, and the glass is half-empty. Always. :P (As you can tell, it's been a pretty bad, depressing couple of months.) So, yeah, that's a little.

The other place I said "The DS is not innovative, there is one game that uses the touch screen and that is "Touch My Magic", that's it. And they called me not very nice things, of course I got back at them for going into great detail about something. :)

Anyways...

The glass is half emty if you drink half of it, and if you only filled it up halfway then it is half full. Move on. :)

ResQ sets were great, my cousin got rid of his base, I don't know to who through. The diver line was under-rated, but some of the ets were the same thing over and over again. Of course I love all the old Town sets too, great sets. Even World City is pretty good, well the first year was, the more I look at it the more I hate the new Fire Station.

Someone joined!!!

Welcome leg0la55!!!

Now please post something. :)

The glass is half emty if you drink half of it, and if you only filled it up halfway then it is half full. Move on. :)

Well said David! I think it is much better to look at what you have got in life.. not what you haven't got.

So rather than saying, oh.. I haven't got the new y-wing set :(

You say, I have lots of old star wars sets as well as the old system y-wing. :)

But still, you might get the new y-wing for christmas if you are lucky! ;)

Jon.

Hello There.

Im the newest member and it was Jonfett who soved me this site.

well i suppose im am the only norwegian here.

Well What else is it to say of met than my english is not alwas wery good?

oh. i altso fesce (if that is how i vrite it)

Oh Whatever

Erik

Hey Erik,

Nice to see you have now joined up. I am sure you will enjoy it here.

I already showed you the x-pod news we got, and we get lots of other great lego news too.

Dunno if you are the only norweigen as most members don't show their countries.

Ah, so you fence. This is with swords right? ;)

Jon.

Hi Erik, welcome here!!! *satis*

Oh, and I always thought that "fences" has to do with wood and such stuff and not with swords... ;)

lolol, don't get hurt while fencing ! Maybe you could use a lego pirate sword instead of those dangerous things

Damn like 6 people joined in a day...

WELCOME ALL!

Now post something because if you don't post something within 24 hours it cost you 50 cents a day until you do.

Kidding.

:D

Yes welcome, and we won't yell at you for having a different view about Stargate season 9 then we do.

Oops... off topic... :)

HEY BRUCE!!!

Hi all,

I figured I'd register over here. Many here may know me from Lugnet, FBTB, or Classic-Castle. On various forums I am known as Bruce N H, Bruce Hietbrink, or Hietbrink (okay, I'm not too creative :D ). I mostly build in castle LEGO themes, though I build occasional MOCs in just about any other theme. My website, Brick Tales, tries to illustrate stories using LEGO. My largest ongoing (albeit very slowly) project focuses on illustrating The Lord of the Rings.

I probably won't post a lot on this forum, as I am an admin on Classic-Castle and that takes up most of my on-line LEGO time, but will throw in my two cents on the occasional topic here. BTW, I really like the posting interface here, and I especially love *wub* your clickable smilies.

One quick question as to forum usage. Are the "LEGO Theater", "LEGO trains", and "LEGO Castle" forums meant for MOCs, official line discussion, or both? Or do all MOCs belong in "Your Own Creations", regardless of theme?

Thanks,

Bruce

One quick question as to forum usage. Are the "LEGO Theater", "LEGO trains", and "LEGO Castle" forums meant for MOCs, official line discussion, or both? Or do all MOCs belong in "Your Own Creations", regardless of theme?

Thanks,

Bruce

Welcome here !

Well all the MOC section was made for MOCs, but we don't really care if people post MOCs in the other other sections. Off topic is our second nature :-D

Hey Bruce! Its good to see another face (well, person) I recognise from other lego forums.

Hope you enjoy posting here at eurobricks.

I got interested in making lotr MOCs after seeing your story, I have read all the chapters and I would love to see what you have to offer next.

See you around! :)

Jon.

... lotr MOCs ... I would love to see what you have to offer next.

Hey Jon,

For the past year I've been working on all of the chapters that occur in or around Minas Tirith:

Book 5 chapter 1 - Minas Tirith

Book 5 chapter 4 - The Siege of Gondor

Book 5 chapter 6 - The Battle of the Pelannor Fields

Book 5 chapter 7 - The Pyre of Denethor

Book 5 chapter 8 - The Houses of Healing

Book 5 chapter 9 - The Last Debate

Book 6 chapter 5 - The Steward and the King

So far I have made and photographed several important settings: the Pelannor Fields, a city street of Minas Tirith, the Court of the Fountain/White Tower exterior, the top of a wall, the exterior of the Houses of Healing, the interior of the Houses of Healing. I still have to make and photograph several more locations: the main gate of Minas Tirith, inside Denethor's throne room, the bank of the river, both the exterior and interior of the tombs of the kings, a microscale version of MT for some long-distance views, and a cliffside on Mt. Mindoluin.

The problem is, I pretty much have to finish all of the locations before any of the chapters will be finished as each of those chapters has multiple locations. For instance, the gate of MT shows up in book 5 chapter 1, when Gandalf and Pippin arrive at MT and then again when Pippin and Bergil watch the arrival of the armies. It shows up again in book 5 chapter 4 when there is the key confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch King after Grond breaks down the gate. Then again in book 5 chapter 6 the knights of Rohan bear the bodies of Theoden and Eowyn to the gate after the fateful confrontation between Eowyn, Merry, and the Witch King. Chapter 7 begins with Pippin finding Gandalf after the gate (where book 4 left off). In chapter 9 Aragorn and his army are encamped outside the gate and he discusses the plans to attack the Black Gate there. Finally, in book 6 chapter 5 Aragorn returns to Minas Tirith and is met at the gate by Faramir, and he is crowned by Gandalf and Frodo and enters the city as king. Later in that same chapter Arwen arrives with the elves of Rivendel and Lorien and they are all met by Aragorn and company at the gate.

And so forth. I don't really want to post any of these chapters in incomplete form, so they'll have the maximum impact, and I won't really finish any of them until I finish all of them.

So . . . it may be a bit yet. *wacko* In the meantime I'm doing smaller projects like my Cask of Amontillado.

Bruce

One quick question as to forum usage.  Are the "LEGO Theater", "LEGO trains", and "LEGO Castle" forums meant for MOCs, official line discussion, or both?  Or do all MOCs belong in "Your Own Creations", regardless of theme?

Thanks,

Bruce

Welcome here !

Well all the MOC section was made for MOCs, but we don't really care if people post MOCs in the other other sections. Off topic is our second nature :-D

What he means is that he make the forum topics at about 3 am after a long night of drinking and never really thought them out. :D

What he means is that he make the forum topics at about 3 am after a long night of drinking and never really thought them out. :D

Hey, don't mix up Jipay and me!!!! :P

Looks like you have alot of work on your hands at the moment Bruce, let alone your actual life! :P

I can't wait for these minas tirith scenes. The battle of pelanor fields should be good.

Please could you let us know when you update your story, I really want to see the rest of it. :)

...he make the forum topics at about 3 am after a long night of drinking and never really thought them out. :D

That really does sound like Apo not jipay! |-D

Jon.