Sign in to follow this  
technic_addict

Controlling models with Sbrick

I bought some Sbricks and connected them to an IOS phone using a slider profile for steering and acceleration and found it very difficult to drive.  I had concerns this would be an issue but had hoped it would be ok.  Does it take a lot of practise?  I am driving a small quick go-kart vehicle.

Any recommendations?

Can you be a little more specific about your setup?  Did you start with a slider profile and modify it, or do you strictly have sliders for control?  I think for just the driving interface on a small vehicle, joystick with auto-centering and a single slider for forward/reverse speed makes the most sense (imitating a standard, simple RC controller).

What also might cause you some difficulty is that the current iOS app has a slider issue. When the slider is at 100% instead of giving 100% power it just stops... The SBrick guys are aware of this and probably they will fix it...

Do you think this might be what it makes difficult for you? For me it does, with previous version I learned how to control a model in a couple of minutes. With current app I can not control a vehicle decent...it is basically impossible!

Make sure you upgrade the firmware version on the sbrick (from the app).  Mine had a lag of about 1 sec before, and <100ms after.

24 minutes ago, motomatt said:

Make sure you upgrade the firmware version on the sbrick (from the app).  Mine had a lag of about 1 sec before, and <100ms after.

If that only would be possible... :sceptic: ...seems not to work either...

However, you do use an iOS device to controle your SBricks?

It seemed like there was delay and also I found myself looking at phone instead of vehicle to see where the sliders were located compared to my thumbs.  I assume that takes practise?