Mister Phes

The Latest World City Sets

No, it probably isn't.

But there are companies that cater for both children and adult markets. Hasbro for example re-releases one or a set of their classic Transformers each month as a collectors edition. They also have a line called "Alternators" which are highly detailed transformable scale models of current vehicles (such as the Mazda RX-8 or the Subaru IMPREZA), obviously intended for a mature market by the nature of their design.

Hasbro seems to be more proactive in supporting their older consumers than LEGO is currently.

that's true.

I don't know why TLC is so much against the notion of lego for adults. the company has repeatedly said that lego is a toy for children. TLC could set up a line of products specifically meant for us, adults, but for some reason, she's not. and it's not only Hasbro that tries to satisfy both consumer groups, many companies in the world of model kits produce goods for different ages. I also can't find any other official explanation than "we're just producing toys..." that makes it all a bit frustrating for me, because I'm stuck with this question and i don't find a decent answer...

Well I guess that the only sets really intended "for adults" are the SW UCS and sculptures.

Apart from that, juniorization is the word "

And from that day forther BPP was the acronym used for the later pieces intended for the younger builder.

May it go down in history the same way as BURP has.

Although it would require everyone else who speaks of LEGO to also adopt this term... Whether would is another question...

Well I guess that the only sets really intended "for adults" are the SW UCS and sculptures.

i don't think that is the case. it seems as if TLC says to us, adults: "feel free to buy whatever you want, we'll build more sophisticated and complex models, but don't expect models only for you"

bpp's? you need a real word ... 900 years of wisdom, Master Yoda, and this is the best you come up with? :P

bpp's? you need a real word ... 900 years of wisdom, Master Yoda, and this is the best you come up with? :P

Hey, it was just a quick suggestion ;)

Ok its to close to BURP (oops sorry about that :-D ).

So here is another one B2P ;)

Feel free to suggest any ;)

this is from the military: BUF: Big Ugly Fella :P  :P

I see, but people could thing its an insult :-D :P

yeah... i know... i already excluded a second "f" for "fat", even though it's a knickname... fondly given by pilots to the b-52 i think...

Ok I've got two more:

LAP: Large Annoying Pieces

LUP: Large Useless Pieces

could you please explain the difference? :P

perhaps, just to be clear about this, we should make a list of all LAP-candidates. that can't be difficult!:P :P