Sign in to follow this  
Delbaerov

MOC WIP: Fire Station

One day i'll need more than a stadium for the Lego people, so might as well keep them safe. Still deciding whether or not to add a 3rd level to the station. 19186613649_df76c18fb8_z.jpg

19366662252_d26ba7f72e_z.jpg

Looking good so far...I like the colour scheme and your front elevation. Maybe work up the sign-age...something more 'Modular' styled with a bit of detail.

Nice. Love the dark red colour scheme. I would say yes to a third level, although that would depend on your city. Most European cities are quite crowded, so buildings go up at least three floors.

gazumpty: Well spotted on the sign. I agree that it has potential to be better, even if it looks good as it is.

It looks very good so far and I particularly like the timeless look of it. However, I keep trying to imagine it with tan/brown/green/black windowframes. Is it shadow or tan on one half of the ground floor?

As to adding a 3rd level, I am trying to imagine only the center, maybe 1 story, maybe half circle roof, maybe wide angle roof.

Thank you for posting WIP. For me Lego is all about the process. Clearly you are a skilled builder, but I would appreciate it either way. It takes a bit of courage to show your work before you are done and satisfied with something. However, I believe others input may help open new paths to your creativity. I might dare posting some WIPs myself someday.

Edited by Sir Stig

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be looking to re imagine the sign on the front. Love the ideas for the roof/top floor, I feel a roof with some height would probably be more advisable. Any real life comparisons that you think may fit?