Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

28 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This will be perfect. But I can't see them making a new DS. Probably if the solo batman pushes through. He is the main villain in that film right?

Nobody knows what's going on with the films atm, like they need to sort their bricks out. Batman and Flash don't have directors so they aren't out next year, and Shazam got cancelled because they couldn't cast Shazam, then after Aquaman they want to focus on Batgirl and Justice League Dark (which is suing Universal because they have their upcoming Dark Universe series, and the original working title (temporary title displayed whilst the movie is filming) for JLD was Dark Universe)...

But yeah, a comic Deathstroke/Arrow inspired Deathstroke would be awesome

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Batman and Flash don't have directors so they aren't out next year,

Matt Reeves is Directing Batman. 

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Nobody knows what's going on with the films atm, like they need to sort their bricks out. Batman and Flash don't have directors so they aren't out next year, and Shazam got cancelled because they couldn't cast Shazam, then after Aquaman they want to focus on Batgirl and Justice League Dark (which is suing Universal because they have their upcoming Dark Universe series, and the original working title (temporary title displayed whilst the movie is filming) for JLD was Dark Universe)...

The Batman has Matt Reeves. 

1 hour ago, Lothos said:

Matt Reeves is Directing Batman. 

14 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

The Batman has Matt Reeves. 

Ah yeah, I've seen too much stuff online, its still postponed for creative writing purposes however

I didn't know Shazam got cancelled, RIP. At least we're getting an Aquaman film though. As long as we can get a Cyborg movie and the green Lantern corps movie, I'll be happy :)

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Ah yeah, I've seen too much stuff online, its still postponed for creative writing purposes however

I wouldn't say postponed:laugh: It's just that Matt Reeves still has commitments to the planet of the apes movie

9 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

Joe Manganiello is still on board for Th Batman but he is speculated to appear in JL. Zack posted a storyboard of someone who looks like Slade and the video that Ben posted is Slade on the Flying Fox. If Deathstroke was the villain for the Batman he's not going to be the "main" villain. Slade's a mercenary and someone's pulling the strings:wink:

To be fair, that was just shot as a screen test, so it's not much indication as to where exactly he'll be. I'm wondering if that new Iron Man helmet is considered a license-specific mold? We haven't seen it outside of Marvel sets, and a fresh print on it would've made a nice accessory in the Flying Fox set as Cyborg's mask for flying. It would be pretty perfect for a helmeted Deathstroke (although I prefer the masked version, personally). 

9 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Shazam is absolutely not cancelled. DC has yet to cancel a single one of their announced movies. As a matter of fact, they've got Dwayne Johnson signed on for both the Shazam movie and now a solo Black Adam movie. 

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

To be fair, that was just shot as a screen test, so it's not much indication as to where exactly he'll be. I'm wondering if that new Iron Man helmet is considered a license-specific mold? We haven't seen it outside of Marvel sets, and a fresh print on it would've made a nice accessory in the Flying Fox set as Cyborg's mask for flying. It would be pretty perfect for a helmeted Deathstroke (although I prefer the masked version, personally). 

Shazam is absolutely not cancelled. DC has yet to cancel a single one of their announced movies. As a matter of fact, they've got Dwayne Johnson signed on for both the Shazam movie and now a solo Black Adam movie. 

Evidence points JL. I know it would've been perfect for Cyborg's battle mode! 

Shazam being cancelled is just a rumor. 

54 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

Evidence points JL.

Given DC's obsession with putting Deathstroke in everything I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Justice League, Batman, Suicide Squad 2, and f$*# it, they're probably writing him into Aquaman as we speak :laugh:

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Given DC's obsession with putting Deathstroke in everything I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Justice League, Batman, Suicide Squad 2, and f$*# it, they're probably writing him into Aquaman as we speak :laugh:

Yeah and I wouldn't complain :laugh:

The annoying thing about cyborg's minifigure is that he has a robot arm one side and the other he has a normal arm, in the promo pics, he symmetrical arms!! Arrghhhh!!

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

The annoying thing about cyborg's minifigure is that he has a robot arm one side and the other he has a normal arm, in the promo pics, he symmetrical arms!! Arrghhhh!!

That's how he looks like most of the time in the comics, but I thought it was great that we finally have his arm cannon? I mean, they're probably saving his moments with it for the film. It is one of his signature weapons, and you could always swap out the arm, though I know the pain of cracked minifigure torsos.

12 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

That's how he looks like most of the time in the comics, but I thought it was great that we finally have his arm cannon? I mean, they're probably saving his moments with it for the film. It is one of his signature weapons, and you could always swap out the arm, though I know the pain of cracked minifigure torsos.

Yeah seeing the White Noise cannon in Lego is great

I'm a huge fan of collecting DC villains so i'm so happy they are doing Lobo, a character i'd never think they would do, the guy ripped starfire's top off, what an absolute legend 

as for the others i'm happy to see another wonder woman villain and killer frost would frost is nice, lex i don't care for

as for reverse flash I very happy, always like flash villains, i'm really hoping for a heatwave, mirror master and weather wizard in a future set.

as for heroes i hope all have unique costumes not just the same boring ones. firestorm is cool however

21 hours ago, Lothos said:

Best we get a "Boo Yah" when that does happen. For hillarity's sake. 

Oh man, that would be the biggest missed opportunity ever. I think if your Cyborg can't get away with the occasional excited "boo-yah!" you've written him wrong. 

13 hours ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

I'm a huge fan of collecting DC villains so i'm so happy they are doing Lobo, a character i'd never think they would do, the guy ripped starfire's top off, what an absolute legend 

Maybe it's just me, but I'm always confused when people talk about Lobo like he's too raunchy or R-rated to be adapted in things? I've only ever seen Lobo in cartoons, and he always comes off as basically "dirtbag Hulk Hogan in space" (with absolutely NO disrespect to the Main Man). I know he's done some gruesome and awful stuff in the comics, but it's never been unsurmountable in my eyes, not like someone like the Punisher, where those horrible things are literally the mission statement of the character. This is probably a little off-topic, though :grin:

Going back to the Mighty Micros discussion:

Let me get this straight. Last year one of the villains was killer moth in the DC sets and he went straight into one of the MM's so is there any chance any of the villains in January 2018 sets (I'm assuming DC comics sets be released then) will be in MM's?

(I was gonna say killer moth MM came out last year before his proper release but he came this year, silly me!)

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Oh man, that would be the biggest missed opportunity ever. I think if your Cyborg can't get away with the occasional excited "boo-yah!" you've written him wrong. 

Maybe it's just me, but I'm always confused when people talk about Lobo like he's too raunchy or R-rated to be adapted in things? I've only ever seen Lobo in cartoons, and he always comes off as basically "dirtbag Hulk Hogan in space" (with absolutely NO disrespect to the Main Man). I know he's done some gruesome and awful stuff in the comics, but it's never been unsurmountable in my eyes, not like someone like the Punisher, where those horrible things are literally the mission statement of the character. This is probably a little off-topic, though :grin:

He is a really violent character but lego has made equally violent characters before. Currently he's a member of the Justice League of America and under Batman's watch so he's less murdery but still kinda violent

Edited by BatofGotham

22 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

He is a really violent character but lego has made equally violent characters before. Currently he's a member of the Justice League of America and under Batman's watch so he's less murdery but still kinda violent

Wait Cyborg is violent? Murderous? I really had no idea!

On 6/15/2017 at 7:29 AM, BatofGotham said:

He's not inherently violent, though. Like, if you took away his murderous tendencies, he'd still be the same character, whereas someone like the Punisher just wouldn't be the Punisher unless he was all about the killing of things. I guess that's the benefit of mercenaries: every "wanted dead" can have an "or alive" at the end. :grin:

To get back on topic: after catching up on JLA, they've been giving the Atom a lot more attention lately, as well. I'd say between that and Legends of Tomorrow (as well as being a more-or-less major member of the Justice League) it's pretty likely he's coming down the pipeline. I don't know how often we get retailer exclusive sets, but I know those are usually the last ones we find out about, and I wouldn't rule out him being in one of those next year (or just in the mass-release wave after that).

39 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

He's not inherently violent, though. Like, if you took away his murderous tendencies, he'd still be the same character, whereas someone like the Punisher just wouldn't be the Punisher unless he was all about the killing of things. I guess that's the benefit of mercenaries: every "wanted dead" can have an "or alive" at the end. :grin:

To get back on topic: after catching up on JLA, they've been giving the Atom a lot more attention lately, as well. I'd say between that and Legends of Tomorrow (as well as being a more-or-less major member of the Justice League) it's pretty likely he's coming down the pipeline. I don't know how often we get retailer exclusive sets, but I know those are usually the last ones we find out about, and I wouldn't rule out him being in one of those next year (or just in the mass-release wave after that).

I'd like to see Ryan Choi's Atom in Lego. We've gotten the DCTV Atom and it's an exclusive (Good thing I'm not a fan of that interpretation of the atom:laugh:) Maybe another Ray Plamer but in his comicbook outfit.

2 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

I'd like to see Ryan Choi's Atom in Lego. We've gotten the DCTV Atom and it's an exclusive (Good thing I'm not a fan of that interpretation of the atom:laugh:) Maybe another Ray Plamer but in his comicbook outfit.

Palmer*

Sorry everyone. I recently had a death in the family so things have just been super crazy so I haven't really been able to keep up with all the forums I usually do with EB. Anyways just wondering if someone to catch me up on if there has been any more news on these sets, it'd be much appreciated :blush: