WhiteFang

LEGO Minifigures – The LEGO Movie Series Poll

LEGO Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside the LEGO Movie Series?

• Calamity Drone
    • President Business
    • Hard Hat Emmet
    • Wild West Wyldstyle
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Mrs. Scratchen-Post
    • Scribble-Face Bad Cop
    • William Shakespeare
    • Gail the Construction Worker
    • Larry the Barista
    • Velma Staplebot
    • Taco Tuesday Guy
    • ’Where are my pants?’ Guy
    • Wiley Fusebot
    • Panda Guy
    • Marsha Queen of the Mermaids
  2. 2. Do you like the new definition of LEGO Minifigures to be known as The LEGO Movie Series or plainly CMFs Series 12?

• Yes, I like the new definition
    • Neutral, it does not make any difference to me
    • No, I prefer it to be regarded as Series 12
  3. 3. Will you like to see the return of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures 'Series 12'?

• Yes, I will like to see the return of the true Series 12
    • Neutral, either way as long as I can continue to collect LEGO Minifigures
    • No, I hope to see more theme based minifigures to be introduced in the LEGO CMFs concept

Hello everyone,

*Waving hands* It's me and I am back to conduct the latest poll and survey for the upcoming brand new exciting LEGO Minifigures – The LEGO Movie Series in our Eurobricks Community. The current official LEGO 71004, LEGO Minifigures – The LEGO Movie Series has been recently revealed in this discussion.

If you wish to change your vote after you acquire the LEGO Minifigures – The LEGO Movie Series after January 2014 or any point, you may choose to do so, as the current poll settings allow you to withdraw your votes by choosing other choices instead.

For the past official Eurobricks polls with regards to LEGO Collectables Minifigures Series 1, Series 2, Series 3, Series 4, Series 5 and Series 6, Series 7, Series 8, Series 9, Series 10, Series 11, even though they may not be so applicable anymore, they can still be found in the following links below.

Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 4 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 5 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 7 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 8 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 9 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Poll

gallery_2351_109_49061.jpg

The names above are the official representation with regards to this new LEGO Minifigures – The LEGO Movie Series.

Let us know what you think about this upcoming new movie series especially on your choice of the favourite minifigure!

WhiteFang

Yay, these polls are always great! :classic:

Can't wait to see your review of the figures... My favorite is Larry the Barista. :sweet:

As much as I like President Business, it has to be Larry the Barista. It's a shame he has a name badge on, but I'll get round that by saying he works for Larry's coffee shop.

I voted for Lincoln, though Shakespeare and Wild West Wyldstyle are not far behind. Lincoln is iconic and well-executed (is that a politically correct statement?), but something that really wouldn't have worked in usual generic series (Shakespeare I think could have appeared as "Playwright" and maybe even WW Wyldstyle as something like "Goth Girl"). I appreciate the chance to get, for a change, some slightly different figures than we've got in the past series. Some of the other figures are a bit too tightly tied to the movie, but that's the price we have to pay, and many of them still provide us with very nice pieces.

I voted for Larry, as a town builder mainly, I like to see workers represented. I also am fairly neutral on the way the CMF line is going, as long as the new series have intersecting torsos and accessories, I'm good. With the rumored Simpson's line coming, I'll just swap heads.

As far as parts go, this is an amazing series. My vote for the panda was a tough one but I really need that mask for a project I'm working on (it's like they KNEW! lol) and it comes with the teddy bear panda as well which is great! I can't vote for a robot fig as my fav overall fig but I really really like all the parts (minus head itself) on Wiley.

I voted for the Panda suit guy because he not only appears like he would be able to appear in a regular series (not that I really care, he's just seems like he would be applicable to various scenarios), but he is a great minifigure with an amazing new mold. However Marsha wasn't too far behind, but we've already had a mermaid, so Panda wins it for originality. And as for the series itself, it's great parts and great figs make it the only series in which I will purchase all 16 figures.

My favorite figure from this series would be Larry the Barista. As a town builder, I can directly use the new coffee mug and the torso print. While Lego towns have plenty of coffee makers, there has yet to be a barista minifigure. Panda Guy was a very close second, as I have immensely enjoyed the animal-suit minifigs.

I voted for Lincoln. They did a great job with him. It helps that I live in Lincoln too. I just wish his hat was separate from his beard only so I could use the hat elsewhere. Otherwise a great figure.

A close second was Shakespeare. He was well done also, but I mostly just like the torso print. Yes it is seemingly identical to the Actor, but I like the color change and I could use a lot of those torsos for my middle ages builds, if I ever get around to them. I have a small army of the Actor and I will accumulate a small army of Shakespeares. Basically the only army builder for me here.

I voted for Gail, someone that is different in any of the past collectable series.....a female construction worker......a not typical stereotype female character and I like that.

A heap of Gail's with different faces on them.....I can have an all girl construction company ! :grin:

If we could vote for a second favourite......it would go to either Larry or Abe. :wink:

They look amazing my favorite is Gail the Construction Worker, I love the Hair that have a Hat on top of it and the face look great as well.

If i can make a second vote, it would be Scribble-Face Bad Cop.

For me, it as a close race betwee Shakespeare and the Tacoó Tuesday guy, but in the end, the Taco guy won - the new prints of the sombrero, poncho, plate and pants means almost every part looks nice and useful to me, even across multiple themes and time periods.

As for the othe answers, I would prefer to see this as Series 12, since it basically is the 12th series of 16 figs (I dont count Mr. Gold as a necessary part of series 10).

And while I would prefer non-licensed (or even in-house "licensed") series, it all depends on execution - this series is cool, but Im a bit afraid whether the Simpsons series wont be a bit cartoonish / simplified (apart from the heads) compared to the current aesthetic - the leaked Lisa and Marge figs make me uneasy on this count.

Edited by Ardelon

WF, Thanks for another superb review! The details you have provided are really helpful for making decisions about which figs to feel for in the bags and how they might feel.

This is an attractive series because it has so much variety and plenty of interesting parts, especially hair pieces. And of course the adorable Mr. Panda with his baby.

The cat granny and other females and Mr. Pantless are my favorites.

I don't understand why there has to be a difference in the number of each figure produced. It seems that the best ones are the rarest in each box. This makes it difficult to find the ones you like, and keeps many folks from buying more than a few. Why not let the customers decide which ones they like? Look at how popular the Saxman was and how few there were. And it makes resellers ask more for those limited quantity figs. Hmmmm….

Again thanks for all the info provided and the effort you put into each review….and please thank your wonderful wife Kim for her patience and understanding while you do these reviews. She deserves a medal, too! Now we await the arrival of SIngapore's Marina Bay set knowing that y'all are proud of being chosen next in the Architecture line. Let's hope that you get to review it and include some nice photos of the building as well. Cheers!

I'll be going for Panda Guy, Larry the Barista and a couple of Shakespeare. The rest I'm not that impressed by, compared to regular CMF. It is such a shame they didn't have a separate beard and hat for Lincoln. That hat would have been perfect for steampunk MOCs. Now there is the dilemma whether to cut the beard off or not.

And I prefer that this is called the Lego Movie Series rather than CMF series 12, as that is the official name. Calling it CMF series 12 will lead to problems later if they release the real series 12.

Otherwise the CMF Series 11 could have been known as series 12 even though it had 11 on the packet if Team GB had been given a number (8 or 9, I cannot remember exactly when it was out in the CMF timeline).

Great to see all of the new incoming replies for this topic, and it is extremely interesting to see that most voters preferred Abraham Lincoln and the Barista too.

Again thanks for all the info provided and the effort you put into each review….and please thank your wonderful wife Kim for her patience and understanding while you do these reviews. She deserves a medal, too! Now we await the arrival of SIngapore's Marina Bay set knowing that y'all are proud of being chosen next in the Architecture line. Let's hope that you get to review it and include some nice photos of the building as well. Cheers!

Thanks!! I will definitely tell her that. Because, without her support, I don't think I am able to contribute actively. I just bought the Marina Bay Sand set and I hope I will be able to review it soon. It is a little tricky to take good photos with the current unpredictable rainy season, but I am sure it will end pretty soon.

I have so many favorites in this series it was hard to pick; I decided to vote for Emmet simply because he needed more votes. But I could just as easily have picked Wyldstyle, Taco Tuesday Guy, Larry the Barista, Abraham Lincoln, or William Shakespeare. And I love a bunch of others as well.

Edited by Blondie-Wan